Question of the day Wednesday March 10

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mr Poppycat has specific times of the day where he does certain things. For example he typically requests a wet treat (as opposed to bonito flakes or crunchies) mid-morning. If we give him something other than what he's expecting he won't eat it lol.

Does/ do your cat(s) have a daily schedule?

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I will only talk about Bourbon’s routine:

A hard swat on my face at 5am signals the beginning of her hunger. She will only eat wet food for breakfast.

Sleeps a bit.

6:30am before I leave she looks for kibbles. Then sends me off to the door.

4pm eat again.

Zoomies. Then demands her hair to be brushed. Zoomies again. Eat kibbles or treats in between. Play/hiss with the other cats.

Then at 8pm another meal.
All wet food, the ones with jelly. Others she wont eat.

Retire for the night.

Repeat.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Demi is crazy. He has a set routine. He wakes me up around 4am standing on my chest and crushing me, sucks on his blankie & kneads up and down. If I turn on my side, he cries boo hoo hoo in my face. Dinner at 6am and 6pm. He gets a drink of water around 9am, but only on the bathroom sink. He refuses to drink anywhere else. If somebody is in the bathroom at "his" time, he will bang on the door. Then he takes a nap in the cat room in a computer chair. Then about 2pm he likes to get another drink and hang out with grandpa for a while. Then he goes on the entertainment system for a nap until about 5pm.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Echo my blind kitty has a routine of pooping at night, but she doesn't understand that she's not actually covering it up, just scratching the side of the litter box. So I usually smell poop at 4am and get up to cover it for her.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
In addition to the mealtime rituals, yes, definitely! My husband takes his shower first in the morning, but after he vacates the bathroom, all three cats go in and wait for me. I sit on the floor and give everyone scritches, then Lily and Mocha leave and I close the door. Iris waits for me to get into the shower and then curls up against the shower door (so I have trouble getting out).

Mocha disappears after her dinner every evening, but as soon as I settle into the TV-watching chair, she suddenly appears, jumps into my lap, waits for me to lean over so she can touch her nose to mine, then curls up and goes to sleep. This happens every night. As soon as I turn off the TV, she gets up and crosses over the small table between my chair and the husband’s so he can pet her. Then she jumps down and trots away—usually to torment Iris.

Mocha probably sticks to routines more than the other two. My theory is that as a semiferal rescue with a rough and uncertain first three years, her routines bring her comfort and make her feel safe.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Cal has just started her morning walkabout again because it's been warm but it will drop from
the 60s to the 20s tonight so she'll go back to getting up with me, potty, then sleeping.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We hardly ever see Kara, but when she does come out of hiding, it's around 10 PM. She's on the stairs, and I have to say, "Torbie tummy time!", and rub her belly. (She has a torbie coat pattern.) We've been doing this for about 12 years now...

Smedley has taken to sleeping at my right shoulder. I get massages from him by placing a fake fur throw over my shoulder (it't the one I injured this time last year), and he kneads the blanket. It helps me drift off to sleep.

Smedley unfortunately has another habit while we're sleeping...he and Miss P. get "romantic" on the floor at the foot of our bed, and it wakes me up. I can't understand why two neutered/spayed cats are doing this a couple of years after their surgery! She entices him, and he does what boy cats like to do. It's embarrassing when it happens in the daytime. They mostly do it in my office, where I pretty much live nowadays. It's really annoying when I'm working from home a couple of days a week. Thank God I have no video or sound on my end when we have Zoom meetings!

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, morning feeding is at approximately 5:20am (my workday alarm is set to 5:15 and they generously allow me to hit the restroom before starting the morning Feeding of the Cats).

Evening feeding is to be no later than 6pm (I finish work at 5:30 on the days that I work--I do a compressed 10 hour/4 days work week).

Non-workdays don't matter. I'm still expected to get up and provide food at the correct times. Generously, they do allow me to return to bed after morning feeding on non-work days.