Question of the Day, Wednesday, June 7, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :whiskers: Neither my husband or I have gained any weight but it feels like our bed is getting smaller. It's a queen size bed so there should be enough room for both of us and, of course, Carleton.:greenpaw: :bluepaw: I wonder if we had to do it over again whether we would buy a king size bed or not. How about you?

WHAT SIZE IS YOUR BED AND ARE YOU HAPPY WITH IT?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a queen....I want a king...with a husband and three cats who sleep with us, I don't think I need to explain why. When we're in the market for a new mattress, we may upgrade, but our bedroom is kinda small...so unsure if it will fit OK.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a queen size all to myself and I use most of it. Willow sleeps near the top on one side because she knows at some point during the night I will spreadeagle and take up all the rest of the bed.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a queen and I would love it. Except my bed hogs have learned to stretch to the utmost length of their bodies, and all of them have to be touching me or they're not happy. So it's very hard to roll over. (although I don't think a bigger bed would matter)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a king. Technically we have 2 twin xl mattresses because we have such different bed preferences. I’ll never go back if I can help it.

We started out on a full bed as newlyweds and upgraded to a queen after DH hit his head rolling out of it during the night. I can manage with a queen. We sleep on a full bed at my grandmothers and I have NO IDEA how they shared that bed for 66 years!! 🤪 Grandma is tiny but still!!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I had my house I had a double bed. When I moved into Assisted Living they gave me a single bed. It took me awhile to get used to it. The first couple of days I fell out of bed twice and I had to ring my pendent to get an aide to help me get up. I've been thinking about getting another double bed because I'm always worried about falling out of this bed again.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was married, we never had anything but a second-hand full bed. Neither my husband or I were big people, but it was way too small for the two of us and miscellaneous animals. I wanted a queen for a long time, and when we were divorced, I bought a queen-size bed. I've had it now for thirty years, but without a bedmate, it's really more than I need. A full bed would be fine for me now.

BTW, when we cleared out his house, the auctioneers for the furniture said that was a three-quarters bed. It wasn't - full sheets fit it just fine, but that's how our perceptions of bed size have changed over the years.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a queen, now we have a king that is two twin xl beds together in one frame. I bought a thing that you can put between the two so there isn't an indent there. One of the best things we ever did.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Don't laugh, but I have a twin. It's just me, and it feels like the best size.
No judging here--I am also in a "just me and the cats" and have a twin size bed (I used to have a full size, but I moved that into the spare room, now I have a space for my son and daughter in law when they visit). It fits me and my bedroom (pre-WWII house--room is 9'3" x 9'6") better than a bigger bed.