Question Of The Day, Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
First, I think I have to apologize! I think I missed the Question last week. LOL...I have mild ADD, so I set an alarm on my phone to go off just after midnight on Wednesday morning. For some reason, it went off on FRIDAY morning! I have no idea what happened, but I did correct the setting!

So...what would be your absolute dream job? Don't be practical here, any job that actually exists is fair game. Doesn't matter if it pays a living wage or not, for this purpose, we will suppose that you could live comfortable doing it!

I just ran across mine on Facebook and the on The DoDo the other day. A veterinarian in Ireland was advertising for a FULL-TIME CAT CUDDLER to work in his office! OH MAN...I would SO be there!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It would also be something to do with animals. Since I am back in an apartment and don't have dogs anymore probably something with dogs. Basic obedience and/or dog walking probably.

I actually stumbled across a vet's website here a number of years ago that had something like a cat cuddler. They had a picture and a little writeup on each person in the office. They had an older lady on the stuff who spent all of her time with the hospitalized animals. She wasn't a vet tech, she just stayed with the hospitalized animals to keep down their stress level.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
After decades of teaching (which I loved), I decided to make a job switch when my husband retired and work directly with animals. Working at a (no-kill) shelter is precisely the job I was looking for. The shelter is small enough that I can work with cats, dogs, and small animals, though we mainly have cats.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another vote for working with animals here - either a sanctuary or a rescue, probably with an emphasis on cats or greyhounds :redheartpump: I'd have loved to work with horses too, especially (since my Collie-Bear) Exmoor ponies :cloud9: I kind of discount that for health reasons now though :sniffle:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had always wanted to be a marine biologist specializing in dolphin linguistics. But I have this unnatural, unprecedented, unrealistic fear of the ocean. Not the ocean itself, but what's in it.
So, it would have to be working with Snow Leopards in some way.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'd have to go with Full-Time Cat Cuddler too!!! :cloud9:

our little DeeDee loves to cuddle and snuggle......lives to cuddle and snuggle. :lovecat3: and i happily 'soak up' her cuddling and snuggling! :D

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I would love to bake for a living and the idea of having my own little bakery is satisfying to me. Failing that, a B & B (that allowed only cats) would be wonderful, too.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm, this is a tough one. For fun maybe a barista since I love coffee drinks so much and like how they create unique designs on top of a latte with milk, (dairy or non-dairy). The other more serious dream job I've contemplated very different from a barista would be working in the medical field.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is tough. I think I'd be a writer. I'd absolutely love a job where I don't have to leave my house. Ever. Unless I want to. :lol: I have tried writing a few stories. It's not as easy and it looks. I can come up with a great and satisfying story in my head; but putting it down on paper/computer is just not as easy.

Otherwise; something making crafts. :lol:

Oooh... Or maybe I could get paid to read! Read and review books. But I'm kind of selective with what I read. So no thrillers please. :lol: :paranoid:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm loving these! I actually could have put "poet" on there, but it's been just a hobby for so long, that I didn't even think of it!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Something that allowed me to be outdoors a lot, be creative and work with animals. Designing and building catios and cat condos would suit me fine I think.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OOOOOOhhhhhh...well, if you ever do, and I ever win a lottery, I'll fly you in to build Hekitty's catio!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
well for a long time I always wanted to have a small cottage on the Maine ocean coastline to do my artwork. And have time to work with cat medicine. That would be my dream. A cottage to dabble in drawing. And a medical career to help sick cats and owners do home nursing care. Not practical..but something I have always had kicking around since I started touring Belfast area Maine.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Stay at home mom. I'd be happy being June Cleaver, taking care of the house, family, cats, volunteering at school, etc. In-home daycare is the closest I could find.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The most intense, underpaid OJT program in the world! And worth, according to Salary.com in excess of $100,000 at year, well in excess. They have a calculator on the website to calculate how much it would cost to replace you!