Question of the Day Wednesday June 29, 2011

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I was probably around 3 or so when I got my first pair of glasses....my mother has pictures of me as a wee little girl with blue glasses.

About 20 years ago, I tried contacts and loved them. Wonderful idea! I could wear them all the time and I was of those people who never had an issue with contacts. My lenses were a lovely shade of green, so I had red hair and green eyes.
And I would never had to deal with glasses again.

Or so I thought. When I lost a lens and went to the doctor for replacements, I found out that my corneas were starting to starve....the blood vessels surrounding my eyes were starting to come to the eye to "feed" the corneas. Had I not lost that lens, one night I would have taken my lens out....and the corneas would have probably torn apart.

So I'm back to glasses. I'm supposed to wear them all time, but never do. I do wear them to drive, simply because it's on my drivers license that I must wear prescription lenses. Other than that, though, no. The glasses I have now are no-line bifocals and they're flat-out annoying. I can't wear them while I'm working on the computer and I can't wear them to read either. I read very fast and found that my head is constantly bobbing back and forth and up and down, trying to keep the text focused. Too much of a hassle. Sometimes I'll wear them when watching television, but even that's rare.

I also have prescription sunglasses and I wear those constantly. I love them. I probably wear my sunglasses more than I wear my regular glasses, even when I'm outside mowing lawn or working in the garden.