Question of the day, Wednesday June 24

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been watching animal webcams for some time now. I started with the sandhill cranes in Nebraska and then a co-worker of a friend mentioned the bears in Alaska. Then I began watching hummingbird cams. Lately I'm fascinated with bats :)

If you had to choose one, which animal webcam would you want to watch?

eagles
penguins
hummingbirds
ospreys
puffins
birds in general
bears
dogs
cats
puppies
kittens
donkeys
turkeys
African waterholes
big cat rescues
bats
manatees
sheep
moon jellyfish
honeybees

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I did watch eagle cams but with all the tragedies 2 years ago of the eaglet in DC dying of West Nile Virus and the saga of Romeo and Juliet fight with intruding eagles, Juliet's disappearance and Romeo abandoning the nest after another eagle killed a hatchling and then Justice from the other DC nest went missing after a fight with another male I gave up watching. I know nature isn't always kind but I just couldn't watch the eagles any longer due to the constant sibling rivalry, eagles fighting one another, partners missing and eagles mate for life of the mate). Not to mention the one eaglet of Harriet and M15 died from a broke blood feather. It just tot to be too much to watch. I now watch the manatees on Earth Cam when I'm not busy monitoring the cats in my back yard

But when I saw that invading bald eagle swoop in and snatch the tiny hatchling not even fully emerged from the egg and take off with it like it's a meal I swore off the wildlife cams forever unless it's something like a fish or controlled area like the eagles at Dollywood (and even then tragedy struck several times 2 years ago there). I prefer to be blissfully ignorant of the going ons of nature I suppose.

Last edited:

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Definitely Jellyfish! They are so fascinating to watch. Very ethereal :loveeyes:

That means I must personally apologise to Puffins and Bats.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Any of the above, but I think bats would be pretty fascinating. We got a colony of pygmy bats in our garage one summer, but couldn't really observe them much due to the guano. They weren't there long, but I loved watching them fly out after the sun went down. Yes, the garage was unusable for a few months, and the cleanup afterwards was awful, but it was a very interesting experience.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats, Kittens, big cats, bats, and donkeys. Can I switch sheep for goats?! Haha! I flipping love goats! I also want to watch hippos and skunks, but, sadly, they are not on your list.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Capuchin monkeys. I have been watching Monkey Boo and his siblings Happy and Meela on Youtube. I love them. They are so fun and adorable. Their dad Pete is dedicated to their care and posts pretty frequently.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Off that list; jellyfish. They are relaxing to watch.

I used to keep a kitten cam on all the time and DS still asks to watch kittens. Noodles was a big fan too. :lol:

Years ago I watched an African Watering Hole cam and it was really neat. Especially at night seeing how active some animals were.

From not on that list: otters and sea lions!! Several years ago I met a friend at a big zoo. Our kids were little and the otters were swimming back and forth fast and the kids loved it. They seem so playful and just adorable. I want to snuggle one. :hearthrob:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides the typical answers that I would pick (cats, kittens, and big cats), I would have to say birds in general. We have a large aviary with several birds and it is so relaxing to watch them chirp and flutter around!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any of them as long as there are no bad things happening to any animals. I refuse to watch the nature shows because inevitably it gets down to predator/prey. It is a trigger for me, I can't deal with it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Any of them as long as there are no bad things happening to any animals.
Other than the eagles and some of the other birds of prey cams, as mentioned above, many of the other webcams (explore . org) are wonderful from the perspective that the viewer actually has the opportunity to see the animals as they are naturally without the tension and chaotic stress of predators. In addition there are zen webcams of beaches and rivers, tropical aquariums, and horses, pigs (oh drat, I forgot to list pigs above!) and I think cattle too, in their pastures :)

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Capuchin monkeys. I have been watching Monkey Boo and his siblings Happy and Meela on Youtube. I love them. They are so fun and adorable. Their dad Pete is dedicated to their care and posts pretty frequently.

Their faces are sooo adorable!!!