Question of the Day, Wednesday, June 21, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :angelcat: The temps have warmed up here and along with it the humidity. Carleton loves to sit by the patio door and watch the world go by from inside. I purposely leave the door open because we have a pet proof screen so I don't have to worry. First thing in the morning he runs to the door to hear the birds or watch the squirrels and bunnies in our yard. Unfortunately it's getting pretty darn hot in the house now and I want to turn on the a/c but he's sitting by the door and I don't have the heart to close it.

WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU DO FOR YOUR CAT THAT YOU WOULDN'T DO FOR ANYONE ELSE?

IMG_1684.jpeg

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a lovely question!

I have two counter stools, but neither of them is by the counter LOL. That's because...

...one of them is by the window. Sushi loves to sit on the narrow window ledge and smell and hear the world outside as I have the window open (the glass pane is open but the screen pane is closed). I put one stool there so that it's easier for her to get up and down.

...the other stool is in the kitchen next to the stove because Pixie insists on supervising all my cooking activities. When I'm making meals she'll lounge on the stool watching me.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...I'm currently dealing with Lily having an anal gland abscess. She's on the mend and on antibiotics, but I certainly wouldn't be poking around and checking anyone else's anal glands/anus area or applying warm compresses to anyone anus! LOL! Same with shoving antibiotics in someone's mouth and syringing water to help with swallowing such pills.

My cats are the only creatures that can delay/stop me from getting up if I have to pee and they're on my lap.

I have delayed making the bed/changing sheets on the bed if a kitty is sleeping on it. If Hubby is laying on the bed and I have to make/change the bed...he gets kicked off.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mystery is a bit of a spoiled princess,and she doesn't like the food the others eat.So,she gets wilderness chicken,and she has her own bowl in our bedroom.I don't leave her food out as the others will inhale it,so she lets me know when she's hungry,I put a couple of handfuls in her bowl and sit down on the bed with her while she eats.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, you know that Oliver song “I’d do anything for you, dear?” That’s me.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have catnip parties for the girls. I have done this for decades, first with the old clan, now with the girls. I sprinkle piles of catnip around, one pile for each cat. They roll in it, they eat it, and they generally make a mess. After the catnip has disappeared, they get a good snack. Then I carry each cat back and put them on the bed. Molli and Tabby go in bed and Muffin goes in her buggy. While they sleep their High off, I vacuum the floor and get rid of all the "evidence". And everyone is content. I would never do that for humans!