Question of the Day, Wednesday June 2

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a bit tired this morning, as usual. I really need to get used to my new shift..

What is your all time favorite flower/ flower combination to receive in a bouquet?

My favorite flowers are daisies and carnations. I really love them. My ideal bouquet would be filled with daisies, baby's breath with a few carnations and rose buds.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh I don't know I don't get given flowers!
Actually, I love all flowers, but I suppose my favourites are orchards and lilies.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its been many,many years since I've received a bouquet of flowers. Oops I take that back the past three years I but a tropical flower bouquet at a garden show!
If I could ever get a fantasy bouquet it would be filled with orchids and other non native/tropical flowers.

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Calla Lillies are my absolute favorite, if I could get a bouquet of red calla lillies and white tulips, I'd totally swoon, LOL! Other than those two I love orchids.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok... I'm officially weirded out here! Last night, around 7pm when watering the flowers up front I thought "hey, asking favorite flower would be an easy QOTD for someone".

I don't like bouquets. They die too quickly,...cost too much, and I can't even have them anyways with the cats.

Favorite flowers to have growing are crysthanamums - for their hardiness and the large number of flowers one plant will put off. I also love thistle flowers. They're a lovely shade of purple and if you can have them in a vase, cut they last for a long time.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I can't have flowers in the house because the cats will think it's lunchtime. When people get me flowers, they're usually sent to my office.

I love all flowers, but carnations are the best.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I love all flowers, and pretty much all bouquets, but the flower that I love the most, that puts a quiet smile on my face and, depending on my mood, a tiny tear in my eye, is freesia. And since I find many people don't know it by name...http://www.google.com/images?client=...ed=0CC0QsAQwAA
Oh, those smell so good!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favs are lilacs and wild roses. We have quite a few wild rose bushes near our house and our trail in the woods is lined with them.

The air smells like cinnamon gum! They are very spicy.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love tulips and roses
Ideal bouquet would have all sorts of colors of both.

For Valentine's Day, hubby sent me tulips at work, and for our anniversary he brought me 2 roses for 2 years married

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite flower are Stargazer-lilies but they don't do well cut so instead of a bouquet give me bulbs. Or buy me a rose bush I could actually plant and enjoy year after year.

For an actual bouquet, I like baby carnations or better yet, wild flowers.

marycatherine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
favorite flowers: sunflowers, poppies, lilies

favorite bouquets: for something fun, those really bright multicolored dyed gerbera daisies.
or if it's romantic, get me a boatload of tulips.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

For an actual bouquet, I like baby carnations or better yet, wild flowers.
I do like wild flower bouquets - but many of the flowers are fairly dangerous, thus can't be in the house.
Gaillardia is one that very beautiful but toxic. Buttercups are bad news all together.
I don't believe any thistles are? and they're the only flower I can cut and not have the cats actually mess with the flower... they still knock the vase over, though.