Question Of The Day - Wednesday, June 11th!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

No need to cool off yet here! I was just able to wear a short sleeved shirt and pants comfortably yesterday.

But when it does get here, everyone thinks I'm crazy, but my favorite thing to do to keep cool is go for a walk with my dogs! Let me explain- not far from us is a park called Sunol. There is a creek there, and as most creeks, it's in a little ravine amongst the hills. So it is shaded and under trees. So my pups and I walk up the creek! It's in the shade and water, so it keeps us nice and cool!

And I'm one of those that wears as little as possible!
Also cool foods like sandwhiches and salads, smoothies, and ice cream!
Well, you live in a fog pocket in the Bay Area but we are sweltering here in Contra Costa County.

We have central air so it is cool. I turn it down if we are all out. The club is air-conditioned and has lounge areas. It also has a pool.

We have a pool, too, so I swim there when I am not at the club.

I drink lots of fluids but not sodas. I put ice on the back of my neck. Salads and sandwiches and take out are the meals of choice. Or anything that DH can grill.

Oh, yeah, as little clothes as possible, usually halter sundresses.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's really hot, I turn on the AC and fans. I like to go swimming too. I wear little clothes, when the neighbors aren't around.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Summer? Hot weather? What are these words you speak of?
We've had a record-breaking cold June; no June on record has ever been this cold.

We haven't even put our winter clothes away yet!

In Texas, though, I'd take lots of cold showers, swim in lakes and pools, and stay well hydrated. So I guess I'd say water is the answer for coolness!

materialsgirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In an effort to save money and reduce our carbon footprint, we are trying very hard to go without our AC as much as possible. It's on, but it's set at 82 degrees most of the time. We run fans and open windows instead (we live in a very windy part of the country, so we can get a good breeze through our house). I also eat a lot of sandwiches and salads and other cold foods, rather than soups and hot meals. Unfortunately for my waistline, ice cream is one of my favorite cool treats.