Question Of The Day, Wednesday, July 5, 2017

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We went kayaking in the morning. Or; DH and the kids did while I stayed on the bank with a chair and a book. We can only take 2 kayaks on top of our car and I am not strong enough to help DH lift the double one. So DH took DS in his (he's 5 and a lightweight) and DD got to take her own kayak out for the first time. She was nervous so DH towed her. They only went down a small waterway; nothing deep or too wide. She looked like a little duckling following behind him. :lol: :hearthrob:

The weather turned in the afternoon so we hung out at home, napped and watched movies. They managed to have fireworks but they started them early on us so we missed a bit. We would have missed them ALL if I'd not been on Facebook to see the announcement. I'd have had 2 very disappointed kids!! :nono:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
[QUOTE="mokapi, post: 4332613, member: 10003631
>SNIP<
I've never been a fan of fireworks displays (they look the same every year???), and there's nothing less fun to me than a bunch of loud noise, bright lights, loose children, and people who have been throwing back beers since noon. Please, let me go to sleep at 9 p.m. in peace. I am a grouchy old lady at heart. :lol:[/QUOTE]

They do all look the same now. I'm old enough (and @kieka, having worked at Disney may have seen this, too) to remember the "shaped" fireworks that they used to have. I'm not sure if anyone still does them, but I believe a couple of the old fireworks families still keep the knowledge alive. It wasn't just colored sparks and booms.