Question Of The Day, Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I couldn't think of a single question, so I'm turning this one over to Hekitty, or "H. Renee," which she prefers for career purposes, as she insists it sounds more corporate.

OHAI! So this is my question. It will be 2020 before we know it, and census time again. How many of you, if you are being REEEEEEELY honest, will list your kittehs as "Head of Household" when the census man comes around?
Oh, come on, Hekitty. That's a no-brainer for us! OF COURSE, you will be listed as Head of Household. I tell people here all the time that you rule my house with an iron paw. Remember yesterday when your Aunty Suzanne asked me how I was going to keep you off of the rocking chair once I had it recovered? What did I tell her? I told her, "I'm NOT. It's HER CHAIR! I'll just have to hit it with the vacuum a few times a week."

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am 47 and have never seen a census man or woman come around. Do they still do that? :dunno:

If so, I will let Lily Belle handle the questioning. She is the boss and Sophie is her underboss. I am the help.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 47 and have never seen a census man or woman come around. Do they still do that? :dunno:
Yes! I worked for the 2000 census---it was fun and paid well; I highly recommend it for anyone who needs a temp job. But they only have to send a person around if you don't mail back your form, or if something on the form looks weird. So if you're well-behaved and send in a tidy form, you won't get a census worker at your door.

I think that listing a cat on your form is probably illegal ;). And I don't think they ask about "head of household" anymore---just "resident 1" and so on. But of course the kitties run the house, how could they not? That's a kitty's purpose in life, dontcha know!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
For me it would just be a matter of which kitty to list as Head of Household--they all think they're No. 1! :lol:

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess the next one is going to be mostly online. Do they ask for people's names? I think it would be obvious that "Little Kitty" is not a human resident.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bigger question might be, what do we put down on the form for their "Occupation"?!
;) :dizzy: