Question of the Day, Wednesday July 22

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi all!

I was watching a tv show and saw where a family decided to have their little French bulldog and their cat interact even more during playtime.

They trained the Frenchie to hold on to the end of the stick of a Da Bird toy. It of course jiggles and dances when the dog moves its head, and as the cat is playing with the other feathery end, the bulldog would turn, and around and around they'd go :)

What are some ingenious methods of playtime have you and/or your cat, invented?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch's favorite game used to be to chase the beam from the flashlight on the floor. So we kept a flashlight on the coffee table and got her running in circles while we were lazy. :lol: She also loved to fetch so we had a big stash of milk rings and mylar balls. Even one in the bathroom. Actually that might have been her favorite game... We had a garden tub with a wide edge at our old house. So we'd flick the milk rings in there and she'd chase them around and around till she was ready for us to flick another one. Sometimes we'd have to clean a dozen or more from the tub before we could shower. :lol: I miss that game!

Pumpkin; my mom's cat, always thought the dog's tails were his toy. Abby's tail was a little fluffy. So when the dogs would sit for treats or their tails would get going for some reason; Pumpkin would come over and wrestle Abby's tail. Tasha didn't like it so much; but Abby never cared. I'd count that as playtime together.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have one of those kiddie fishing rod and reel outfits that we bought years ago for one of our nieces to use. I tied one of the cats' fuzzy toys to the end of the line, and we go 'cat' fishing with it. All I have to do is bring it out and I'm surrounded with cats wanting to play.

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Cal doesn't really do anything clever but she does like to face me on the bed when
we are napping and push her nails into my tank tops. So I have some holes in my
new ones but that's ok. they're small.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lola invented playing a version of hide-and-go-seek with me. She'll dart behind the piano and wait for me to "find" her. Then she races behind the couch and repeats this until I "catch" her or she doesn't want to play anymore.
Our male will hide behind a couch pillow or under some blankets on the bed and wait for us (or his sister) to find him.

Attachments

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had any ingenious ways of play. I did alter a toy my cats have. It hangs from the basement door but it was too high up so I extended it so it was closer to the ground. My friend's husband attached a laser pointer to the ceiling fan for their cat (the dog had a grand time with it too).

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee and Fudge like playing with all sorts of random objects such as pens, rubber bands, etc.
Chiqui is like that too. She doesn't play with toys so I gave up on buying her any more. She likes pens, hair elastics, milk jug rings, things that swiftly move when she bats at them.