Question of the Day, Wednesday, July 12, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :dancingblackcat: This morning we had to bring Carleton to a new groomer. We were extremely displeased with the last groomer and unfortunately our longtime favorite groomer retired. I have been on pins and needles since this was a new person and I'm very protective of Carleton. When I'm nervous or worried I can't eat and have no appetite. However, I know other people who can't stop eating when they're upset or anxious. What about you?

DO YOU LOSE YOUR APPETITE OR EAT MORE WHEN YOU'RE NERVOUS OR WORRIED?

P.S. Thankfully the new groomer was wonderful, spent time explaining her method/approach, enjoys cats immensely and has five of her own. Now I'm relaxed and my appetite suddenly came back. :biggrin:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I just thought not eating anything when you’re worried about your cat was standard procedure. Heck, I’m glad to know CARLETON’s OK or I’d probably be not eating now! I’m one of his biggest fans!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I'm stressed, my appetite is completely gone.
I'm glad Carleton had a great spa day! ❤😺

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Good afternoon and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :dancingblackcat: This morning we had to bring Carleton to a new groomer. We were extremely displeased with the last groomer and unfortunately our longtime favorite groomer retired. I have been on pins and needles since this was a new person and I'm very protective of Carleton. When I'm nervous or worried I can't eat and have no appetite. However, I know other people who can't stop eating when they're upset or anxious. What about you?

DO YOU LOSE YOUR APPETITE OR EAT MORE WHEN YOU'RE NERVOUS OR WORRIED?

P.S. Thankfully the new groomer was wonderful, spent time explaining her method/approach, enjoys cats immensely and has five of her own. Now I'm relaxed and my appetite suddenly came back. :biggrin:
Happy you got another great groomer for Carltin AND that you're eating again,lol

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on how bad the worry is. If it's just a little, then I tend to crave junk/comfort food when I get hungry. I don't eat more, it's just the type of food I want isn't the greatest. If it's a lot then my appetite is gone and even though I force myself to at least eat a little, I get full real fast. My tummy also tends to act up and "eliminates" things quite quickly when I'm stressed.🚽 :lol:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Glad that Carlton is okay! I am also a "can't eat" person. It is funny how appetite returns pretty quickly once the "flight or fight" response is over.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad that Carlton is okay! I am also a "can't eat" person. It is funny how appetite returns pretty quickly once the "flight or fight" response is over.
Isn't it though? There have been situations that seemed really bad and my appetite was 100% non existent. Once the problem resolved, I'm ordering pizza and eating everything in the house. That "gut-brain" connection thing must be for real!

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I'm great stressed or anxious, I lose my appetite. Food would be right in front of me, I take a few bites, and I just don't feel like eating it anymore, nor do I feel hungry. I can recall times in the past when this happened and I always lost weight. Not a healthy or good way to lose weight though!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I'm upset about something really serious than I can't eat. When I'm stressed out about everyday stuff than I crave carbs. Pasta, bread, potatoes.....