Question Of The Day, Wednesday, July 10, 2019

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Off the top of my head, I can't think of a stand-out birthday present at the moment, but all this talk of building things and tools... my husband got me a Bosch hand drill a few birthdays ago and I like that I've put up lots of shelves & platforms for the cat and also more curtain rods, etc. I love that drill. I'm sure I'll be using the drill a lot for more intense projects.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Off the top of my head, I can't think of a stand-out birthday present at the moment, but all this talk of building things and tools... my husband got me a Bosch hand drill a few birthdays ago and I like that I've put up lots of shelves & platforms for the cat and also more curtain rods, etc. I love that drill. I'm sure I'll be using the drill a lot for more intense projects.
That's so great, PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws -- before moving in here, I asked my ex if he'd get me a Ryobi drill/driver, and he did. I've used it a lot for various things, and feel good having it (plus a really great selection of drill bits he added in) because I'm "it" where household projects are concerned.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(I'm "it" where household projects are concerned too. lol. There are some role reversals in our house... for instance, he's the main cook, I'm not. :oops: )
YEAH! :yess: *We girls are coming into our own now. There ARE no gender-specific roles any more! And doesn't it feel great knowing we can do things like that?* My mom, bless her heart, didn't do any of this stuff and she was amazed when I took it upon myself to try to do different things. I'm far from being a pro, and I could never do all the stuff @Jcatbird is doing! but when it comes to little repairs and basics, I'll try!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH bought me a telescope one year. I was totally shocked. I'd always wanted one but never really looked into it or thought it was something do-able. It's not fancy or anything; but it works and we've had some fun with it. I think that was for my 22nd or maybe 23rd birthday. The best part was that he came up with something that I never would have asked for but really did fit me. :redheartpump:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my 12th birthday I finally got a horse of my very own. A yearling Arabian. He turned out to be my very best friend and was with me for 26 years.
He had cancer and I put him down when he was 27. I wanted to die. Even though he was a horse, he was my soul mate. (I know that sounds stupid, but he was). I am honored to know him.

Any other birthday present pales against that.

Count

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This made me realize, I don't think I had a birthday present in the last 10 years, maybe even longer. I guess this is what I get for living a lonely life.

As for the best birthday present, I got a bunny back when I was 7 years old. It wasn't a surprise, we were discussing it for months, as a pet is a big responsibility, but it still made me really happy to finally bring her home. I named her Zıpzıp (translates to hop hop).

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kashmir64 kashmir64 How dare anyone call it "stupid" for you to consider your beloved horse your soul mate! My cats are mine, and they are family, as well -- and anyone having any problem with that can go implode!

Nothing wrong in liking one's own company, either, Count Count , or in loving your sweet rabbit.

I'm intensely social and like kind, compassionate people, most especially CAT LOVERS, but cats have always been my favorite and most beloved companions.

I love cats.
And that's that.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On my 12th birthday I finally got a horse of my very own. A yearling Arabian. He turned out to be my very best friend and was with me for 26 years.
He had cancer and I put him down when he was 27. I wanted to die. Even though he was a horse, he was my soul mate. (I know that sounds stupid, but he was). I am honored to know him.

Any other birthday present pales against that.
That's not stupid at all. I think many of us understand that. I have no doubt that he was just as honored to have known and loved you. You were his soul mate too. :hugs:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
When I was 12 my mother gave me a microscope kit.. it blew me away! I was constantly making slides and looking at the teensy world of things. It truly expanded my world..

When it comes to something personally meaningful, I treasure a Tibetan singing bowl a friend gave me on my last birthday before she passed away.