Question Of The Day, Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GUESS WHAT? We might even get a little accumulation of snow tomorrow! Schools in our county are closed due to weather! And that leads us to my Question for this week. Y'all know how much I love snow, but it isn't actually my favorite weather phenomenon. My favorite weather phenomenon is something that you only get in the far north. I'm utterly entranced with ICE FOG! It's just what it sounds like, a fog of ice crystals, it looks a bit like this:

See how the back end of the car looks clear, and the fog is on either side? That is because you actually punch through the fog, and since it is frozen, it only slowly fills in behind you. A man walking down the street in it leaves a hole shaped like his body. You can write your name in the air, and it hangs there for a few mintues before slowly filling in again.

What is your favorite weather condition/phenomenon?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like snow if it isn't followed by extreme cold. I think it is pretty and at 61 I still like to play in the snow.

My least favorite is hot and humid. I just stay inside with the air conditioning.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Snow is my favorite as long as I don't have to shovel it or drive in it.
Although Autumn is my favorite season I'm not sure if it is considered a weather condition/phenomenon so I would have to say snow as well. I don't like anymore than a few inches, i.e. just enough to cover the ground and watch the snowflakes fall from the sky.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weather condition: I like cooler or lukewarm weather, fresh and sunny or some clouds.

Phenomenon:

Aurora Borealis

(Was lucky enough to see one once!)

Cloud Tsunamis

(Spooky without it being horrifyingly dangerous!)

Sea Smoke

This occurs in the small city 45 minutes away from where I live. Really pretty and mystical.

I also really enjoy pretty fog in the morning.

I am sure there are many more but those came to mind first!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SIGH! We have one of my least favorites right now. Sleet. Ick. But I think I can smell the actual snow off in the background, somewhere.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Weather condition: I like cooler or lukewarm weather, fresh and sunny or some clouds.

Phenomenon:

Aurora Borealis

(Was lucky enough to see one once!)

Cloud Tsunamis

(Spooky without it being horrifyingly dangerous!)

Sea Smoke

This occurs in the small city 45 minutes away from where I live. Really pretty and mystical.

I also really enjoy pretty fog in the morning.

I am sure there are many more but those came to mind first!
I have been seeing Sea Smoke for at least a week, coming from the river.. and a few times from the ocean..

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite weather occurrence is a heat wave. I LOVE weather in the 90*F range, especially if it sticks around for a while. If it were a dry heat, I would even love high 90's. Unfortunately, I don't live in a location where this happens often. :sunshine:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
GUESS WHAT? We might even get a little accumulation of snow tomorrow! Schools in our county are closed due to weather! And that leads us to my Question for this week. Y'all know how much I love snow, but it isn't actually my favorite weather phenomenon. My favorite weather phenomenon is something that you only get in the far north. I'm utterly entranced with ICE FOG! It's just what it sounds like, a fog of ice crystals, it looks a bit like this:

See how the back end of the car looks clear, and the fog is on either side? That is because you actually punch through the fog, and since it is frozen, it only slowly fills in behind you. A man walking down the street in it leaves a hole shaped like his body. You can write your name in the air, and it hangs there for a few mintues before slowly filling in again.

What is your favorite weather condition/phenomenon?
I have never heard of ice fog before! Wow.

As a kid living in southern California, I used to love the Santa Ana winds - Wikipedia. Fall has always been my favorite season, and the winds would come in, hot and dry, and strong. I would stand outside and just let the wind go around and through me and feel like I could just fly away. :)

Of course now, as a practical adult, I see them more as a fire danger than anything else :rolleyes2: but back then, it was magical. greenstars.gif

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I like a mist or light rain - partly overcast . The weather following a rain shower is my favorite . A rainbow is always nice !

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Gorgeous pictures, guys! cassiopea cassiopea I have never seen cloud tsunamis....how beautiful! We are able to see the northern lights in central PA from time to time. Once we know they're there, then we get dressed and walk around outside to watch them. It's usually really cold, but so worth it. The northern lights are beautiful.