Question Of The Day, Wednesday, January ,17 2018

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, I seem to be on something of a time kick here lately. Must be the turning of the year! But there is today's question.

The Universe has hiccuped, and suddenly our days are 26 hours long instead of 24. But a rule has been handed down from the Powers That Be. Those two hours are to be used only for things that we enjoy, that relax us, that fulfill us.

What are you going to use your two hours for?

I'm going to read for an hour and start doing counted cross stitch again, I think. That might vary here and there as impulse takes me, but certainly an hour for reading!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just sit on my front porch and watch the world go by.(and anytime I am sitting I always have as many as three cats on my lap! :)....I am already a reader,I get up at 4 AM, not only from habit, but to spend that time on myself. I read for an hour and I'm on the computer for an hour.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I would put on some nice soft music, sit in a comfy chair, a nice drink ~ hot tea, glass of wine~ and read.. just sit and read.. a book.. not a kindle.. a book.

If I could handle it, I would also love to have a nice, warm, purring, Artie on my lap.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did we get two extra hours in a day?
"The Universe has hiccuped"

On Star Trek, their stardates are 26 hours. That's all fine and dandy on the starships, but I always wondered how that worked when they landed on a planet with a different physical day. Does Earth observe Starfleet time? If so, how can Earth keep that up when the physical day is 24 hours? Haha, that's probably answered somewhere in the Extended Universe but I never could get into that too much.

I'd probably sleep. I do like my naps.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"The Universe has hiccuped"

On Star Trek, their stardates are 26 hours. That's all fine and dandy on the starships, but I always wondered how that worked when they landed on a planet with a different physical day. Does Earth observe Starfleet time? If so, how can Earth keep that up when the physical day is 24 hours? Haha, that's probably answered somewhere in the Extended Universe but I never could get into that too much.

I'd probably sleep. I do like my naps.
:lol: Okay, in that case, I'd like to use my extra two hours on sleeping or cleaning. Maybe an hour on each.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmm, probably do something different and special - something that I haven't done before. I'd probably be all philosophical about being gifted two extra hours in a precious lifetime. Maybe skydiving :lol: or go to a nice restaurant or museum I haven't been. Or hang out with some loved ones, like my grandmama.

If not, then I would enjoy the extra sleep as well! Snuggling with all the furbabies.