QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Everyone talks about breakfast and dinner but what about lunch? I need to eat a midday meal even if it's something quick and easy like a granola bar or yogurt. If I'm home I will usually make half a sandwich like PB&J with a veggie on the side, fruit and coffee. If I'm meeting friends at a restaurant I order some type of salad. My husband hardly ever eats lunch although I've tried to get him into the habit so he won't be starving at dinner. :dunno:

QUESTION OF THE DAY - DO YOU EAT LUNCH AND WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO EAT?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually eat lunch around noon, maybe a little later if J and I get a super slow start to our day and have a very late breakfast.

For lunch it'll usually be a sandwich and chips, or a Morningstar chik patty sandwich, or leftovers. We eat a lot of leftovers for lunch because my husband tends to ignore them. Occasionally I'll make something like oatmeal if I've run out of things to serve.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do like to have lunch. I used to skip breakfast all the time or just eat something portable at my desk at work. But after staying home with DD I really got in the habit of eating 3 meals. I think it helps that I'm on my own schedule since I'm home.

I like soup and a sandwich best. But other favorites are things like pastina with butter and ketchup or even just leftovers. I get tired of sandwiches; but I try to keep it healthier and sodium can easily get out of control with soups alone!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
usually i try to eat 3 meals a day sandwhich for lunch unless its a big late breakfast then i will just wait for dinner as next meal but if i dont eat 3 meals a day i begin to lose weight:lol:get dirty looks from gf and nurses cause i lose weight without trying to sometimes:rolleyes3:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My standard lunch fare is half of a PB&J, an apple, and a glass of milk. The sandwich occasionally varies. My husband is making some tuna salad as I write this (accompanied, not surprisingly, by a loud feline chorus in the background) so that will be today’s half sandwich. The apple and milk are a constant. Immediately after lunch, we relax with a cup of hot tea.

Last edited:

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lunch (as well as breakfast and dinner) is included in my meal plan for this diet. Today, I had a variant buffalo chicken (chicken and broccoli cooked together with a sauce formed by hot sauce, tomato paste, water, and butter). It was yummy--just finished that.

Other times, it is a salad (yesterday's salad was chicken on mixed greens with bacon, cherry tomatoes, and avocado with a dressing made with balsamic vinegar and oil) or other such things. If I weren't doing the diet (low carbs other than low-glycemic index carbs), I'd probably just do a bowl of soup with crackers or my favorite comfort food: tomato soup with a grilled cheese.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually don't eat anything for lunch. I work from home so I don't really have a formal mean plan. I have cereal or make a smoothie for breakfast and skip lunch. I do snack a little throughout the day. I try to keep some fruit and cheese around for snacking, that is why I don't eat a ridiculous amount of food for dinner.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I work from home, I generally eat leftovers (although even when I was going into work, I'd usually bring leftovers). If I'm not really feeling like doing anything, I might just eat crackers or a peanut butter sandwich. When I have lunch depends on when I wake up and when I have meetings. Sometimes it can be 11am and sometimes it can be as late as 2pm.