Question Of The Day, Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HAH! I got here on schedule for ONCE!

Put your thinking caps on. Money is no object...you are going to throw a party. Why, and who? Elaborate as much or as little as you like, but why and who are a must!

This is easy! Forward thinking individuals in the Legislative, Judicial and Executive branches of our government have gotten off of their collective fannies and passed (and are rigorously enforcing) sweeping reforms in the area of animal welfare. Even livestock destined for human consumption, etc, must now be treated humanely, and companion animals are now considered "family members" when it comes to vet malpractice, divorces, abuse and/or neglect, and all other areas concerning their happiness. Our beloved pets are worth MORE than their "retail value" in the eyes of the law. Owning a mill, whether kitten, puppy, rat, mouse, or bird (or any other ones I'm not familiar with) is now a felony. Pet shops feature rescues. Ferals and strays are considered community assets, rather than vermin, and are protected. Other countries are jumping on the bandwagon and following suit in DROVES! That's my WHY! And OH, what a "why" it is!

And, since money is no object, I'm going to invite ALL of you to a massive TCS Celebration Party...3 days of meeting and greeting and dancing in the streets! AND I'm covering all transportation and lodging. Meals, of course, are included. There's nothing to think about but how happy we all are that animals are finally getting a fair shake!

Yes, I know some of you are vegetarians and vegans, but let's take this one step at a time! It would be a REALLY good start!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
A joint birthday party for the Vincie girl and Callie on 14 July. The Vincie girl will be 19 and Callie 9. There will be decorations, and a DJ. It will be outside and the food will be on tables on the deck. Many amazing appetizers and cake for the humans and tuna for the birthday girls.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Money is no object eh? I've already got this planned out. I'd go on a train trip with my husband, 3 family members and 3 friends who are like family. The tickets would come to 87,700 usd. I'm not sure how much to add in for travel insurance and flights- just the tickets for the train would be almost 90K.

The trip would be the annual historic route from London to Istanbul on the Venice-Simplon Orient Express. 5 nights and 6 days on luxury cars with free-flowing bubbly and a little bit of caviar (which half of us like) in fancy dress.

Why- because we are role-players and there is a H.P. Lovecraft based game that takes place on the Orient Express (mostly) in the 1920's. The trip would not be long enough for us to play the entire game out but we'd do part of it beforehand and part of it after. It's essentially a very long drawn out murder mystery dinner sort of thing- but far better.

Of course we'd all read Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express before going and brush up on our French and Italian and manners- because this is the historic 1920's train for the elite.

I have some extended family in England- nearish to London so we'd spend a few days touring there and we'd probably explore Istanbul for a few days at the end because there are incredible things to be seen there and I used to be in the folk dance scene (belly-dancing)- but that would depend on the stability of the area at the time we book.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And, since money is no object, I'm going to invite ALL of you to a massive TCS Celebration Party...3 days of meeting and greeting and dancing in the streets! AND I'm covering all transportation and lodging. Meals, of course, are included. There's nothing to think about but how happy we all are that animals are finally getting a fair shake!

Yes, I know some of you are vegetarians and vegans, but let's take this one step at a time! It would be a REALLY good start!
When and where? That's all I need to know. I'll even help with cooking, band selection etc!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Put your thinking caps on. Money is no object...you are going to throw a party. Why, and who? Elaborate as much or as little as you like, but why and who are a must!

This is easy! Forward thinking individuals in the Legislative, Judicial and Executive branches of our government have gotten off of their collective fannies and passed (and are rigorously enforcing) sweeping reforms in the area of animal welfare. Even livestock destined for human consumption, etc, must now be treated humanely, and companion animals are now considered "family members" when it comes to vet malpractice, divorces, abuse and/or neglect, and all other areas concerning their happiness. Our beloved pets are worth MORE than their "retail value" in the eyes of the law. Owning a mill, whether kitten, puppy, rat, mouse, or bird (or any other ones I'm not familiar with) is now a felony. Pet shops feature rescues. Ferals and strays are considered community assets, rather than vermin, and are protected. Other countries are jumping on the bandwagon and following suit in DROVES! That's my WHY! And OH, what a "why" it is!

Can Lilith, Sophie and I just be your co-hosts? We'll chip in for everything. Well, I will. The girls will just get into everything.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For my 33rd birthday (in June), I'd take my mom on an around-the-world trip starting in Norway. It would just be us two since I think my mom needs to get away from my dad for several months.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mean - I'm planning a big party called a big wedding. If only money was no object!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would actually be a quite romantic party. Hire Chef Ramsay to cook, best wine money can buy on a romantic setting in Scotland. Just me and David Tennant......Oh poo, he's married.

Then I guess it will be for all of you guys on TCS.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can Lilith, Sophie and I just be your co-hosts? We'll chip in for everything. Well, I will. The girls will just get into everything.
LOL, the more, the merrier! And of COURSE all of the kitties are included...as well as any other furred, scaled, or feathered loved ones who care to come!