Question Of The Day, Wednesday, December 27, 2017

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I have a friend in Alaska who leaves a tree up year round, with the decorations changing with the holidays. It's pretty, but I'd go nuts trying to keep the dust and cat hair down!
My mom does this. She keeps a small white artificial tree up year round and decorates it according to the seasons. Very colorful and she has fun with it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My dad made some water mixture for the trees, and I never saw one get the least bit dry or shed a single needle! Wish I knew what was in that water!
I saw some video-article comparing methods for making the trees last. If I find it again I'll post it. I know it included methods like bleach and vodka (or some other alcohol).
I have a friend in Alaska who leaves a tree up year round, with the decorations changing with the holidays.
My kid's pediatrician does this too. The office has several windows that look into the waiting room and the little tree sits behind the glass. My theory is that the kids like it; but it also gives them a little bit of privacy back there! ;)