Question Of The Day - Wednesday, December 24th!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We did the last of our shopping last night, and we are FINISHED!!
We do all of our shopping last minute and I'm always worried we'll never get it all done, but we always do.
We even have them all wrapped and addressed already! We sat up until 3:30am last night wrapping. Usually we don't do our son's gifts until after he goes to bed on Christmas Eve, so we're ahead this year.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, my shopping is not all done. It won't be until after Christmas. The last month has been full of derailments, shall we say -- nothing earth-shattering, but the combination of stuff is such that virtually everything to do with the holidays has been shunted in one direction or another. Fortunately, I don't have a lot of shopping to do, and I have managed to get done what I'm not prepared to have wait. There will be stockings! DH has been just as caught up in the derailments, and is even less prepared, so we've decided to just smile lovingly at each other and let the gift giving happen later.

As for your surgeon, if you normally give him a gift, I'd say do so this year, too. The two things are separate, but your thoughtfulness will probably give him a lift on his return.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I finished my christmas shopping in october
Nice. Now that would be so much more relaxing than the last minute stuff.

I'm done now, finished wrapping....Once my daughter is sleeping, the gifts shall magically appear, stocking will be filled, and that's it.

I'm happy I didn't have to run out for something I forgot... I got everything this year, woohoo.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to pick up my dads gift at last minute - only because my brother told me he was going to do it last week, and then didnt
So I had to fight 35 minutes worth of traffic to go 1/2 a mile and get a gift card!

I got my mom's gift last night after work. Rob and I exchanged our gifts in October
But he bought me something for tomorrow, and I also have tickets to a comedy show for him (he already knows of those). I'm going to buy him movie tickets to see "Spirit" on Friday as another "Xmas gift" because he really wants to see it.