QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2021

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Wednesday! As the song goes, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go." However, if you turn on the news the holiday is being somewhat overshadowed by other factors, e.g. Omicron, shipping shortages, unemployment, athletic teams cancelling games, even our vet has gone back to curbside only appointments. So what we need is a little laughter. :biggrin: I love to watch some of the British comedies such as: Keeping Up Appearances, Fawlty Towers, Are You Being Served? and Coupling. I also like to watch reruns of certain sitcoms and still laugh at Estelle Getty as Sophia, (The Golden Girls), Peter Boyle as Frank, (Everybody Loves Raymond), Michael Richards as Kramer, (Seinfeld), but the one comedian who I think was the most versatile was Robin Williams. My husband's new favorite comedian is Sebastain Maniscolco. Who's yours?

QUESTION OF THE DAY - WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE ENTERTAINMENT COMEDIAN?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Robin Williams was pretty amazing. I used to enjoy Jay Leno when he did the tonight show, though some of his bits were way better than others.

I don't think I really have a favorite in that there's no one I go out of my way to listen to, but I do find Ken Jeong pretty amusing as a panelist on the Masked Singer!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Robin Williams was pretty amazing. I used to enjoy Jay Leno when he did the tonight show, though some of his bits were way better than others.

I don't think I really have a favorite in that there's no one I go out of my way to listen to, but I do find Ken Jeong pretty amusing as a panelist on the Masked Singer!
Ken is something else. I love that show.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I like so many. As actor comedians go, I loved Robin Williams. I cried alot when he passed. Besides RW, I like Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell and Eddie Murphy. I also liked George Carlin. I think Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett were two of the best comedic actresses ever. They were special. Pure Comedy Gold!!! ❤

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m fickle about comedy I guess. Its got to be either family friendly or at least not full of profanity. Robin Williams probably fits the bill the most in movies. Steve Martin also. I do love The Golden Girls even if they are a bit more raunchy than I realized when I was younger.

When I need to laugh there are a few “youtubers” that I like. Some are teachers and very relatable with having young kids and homeschooling. Another is a nurse and hes enjoyable because I can see several of my family members bring their nurse personalities home.

I watch some from a British comedian Michael Mcintyre. Most of whats been on Facebook has been great!

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if we're including actors too.

Leslie Neilson, Rick Moranis, John Candy, Michael Winslow, Bubba Smith.....yeah pretty much the entire cast of Police Academy and Spaceballs.

.....That's what I need to get myself for Christmas, the Police Academy movies on DVD.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My taste in comedy is so wide that I can't narrow it down that much. I love the oh so wrong and offensive comedy like Jimmy Carr. The raunchy comedy like Amy Schumer. The horribly overly profane comedy like Chris Rock. The innocent, stupid and hillbilly comedy like the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. The genius of Jeff Dunham. And many more in between like Wanda Sykes, John Pinette, Jeremy Hotz, Mitch Hedburg...and of course the greats like Robin Williams and George Carlin. There are just so many that there are some I don't even know their names off hand. I'll be watching some stand up on TV and be like "Oh! I like this guy/girl, s/he's funny!" then completely forget about them until the next time I see them on TV...and be like, "Oh yeah! I remember them, I like this dude/chick!"...