QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, DEC. 15, 2021

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we were young marrieds and living in NY still,we always had a real tree...never cared if it was a scotch pine or spruce.Moving out here,real trees just aren't the same quality like we were used to,I was appalled to see people actually cutting down cedar trees for the holiday!So we switched to an artificial.It served the purpose.But now I don't mess with a tree anymore,so.........

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Right now, no tree (having two young cats who are about 1.5 years old ... just not a good mix .. maybe when they grow up a bit). But when I do have a tree, I prefer artificial and re-use the same tree until it looks too sad or something breaks.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Prefer spruce fir, real? I have a retro white 70s tree given to me my an old helper and I love it but haven't
put it up in years

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe in chopping down a living tree to sit in my living room for a couple weeks. We started to put up our artificial tree and Austin started chewing on the needles. After some research what could happen if he eats said needles, we took the tree to the dump and got rid of it. It was not a great tree to begin with and we haven't been putting it up for a few years. I can live without a tree, Christmas isn't what it used to be for me (us) anyway, so I don't miss it. Just trying to get through the season and get on to 2022.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love the smell of a real one. Because of my brother's allergies we've had to use a fake one for the last few years. But this year, since the whole downstairs floor us getting renovated, I got a small real tree, and he's beautiful!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We always get a real tree at Christmas, but are considering in getting an artificial one for next year for financial purposes.