QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 25, 2021

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
There are two things I must do before I leave the house every day. One is to look for Carleton since he loves to sneak into closets. :biggrin: Our previous cat, Neely, was extremely mischievous. Neither my husband or I could find her when we were getting ready to leave one day. We looked all over and I finally found her on the top of my youngest daughter's bunk bed giving us a look as if to say, "hey, what's your problem?" :lol:
The second is to be sure and check that I have my cell phone. If I'm in a rush I sometimes forget it and then I feel lost without it.

So for today's QUESTION OF THE DAY - WHAT THING(S) MUST YOU DO BEFORE LEAVING THE HOUSE?

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here. I do a headcount of the cats before leaving the house.

Then I check the electrical sockets and remove the plugs or turn off extension wires. Confirm also
If all the doors and windows are locked.

Then check if the gas is turned off.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This one is weird - I have to turn the circuit breaker off for the bathroom because Leroy has a habit of flipping the switch for the vent fan. No idea if it runs for 12 minutes or 12 hours before I turn it off. So I just turn the circuit breaker off so the vent fan doesn't burn out.

I do a head count of the cats before I open the door to leave.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dbl check windows doors are locked/closed graycie has fresh full bowl of water/dry food,myknife(never walk out the door without carrying one) and my vaping stuff :lol:make sure graycie didnt get trapped in the bedroomand pack away all charger cords to my pc

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I make sure the doors are locked and that things in the kitchen are unplugged. Mooch is usually in her chair but we are sure to say goodbye and let her know when we will be home. And then I make sure I've got my keys, garage door opener, purse and kindle. :)

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure that the inner rear door is closed and locked, the blinds on the rear windows are closed, the cats have food and water, and I have my keys.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep the dog from following me, say, "bye guys, see you later, I love you!", then shut and lock the door then sometimes I will set the alarm system to the Home setting because my dog sets off the motion detection for the Away setting.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure the back door is locked,water at the kitchen sink is shut off (Donnie likes to play with the faucets),everybody has food and water,and Lana's in her crate (most important).

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Make sure everything is turned off and hair straightener is unplugged.
Check on Eveliina and make sure she has food and water.
Augustus usually comes with me everywhere, so I make sure I bring water for him.
Make sure I have my keys, wallet and cellphone in my purse.
Set the alarm and lock the doors.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
For her own protection from Mollipop, we have to put Muffin in our bedroom (even if we’re only going to be gone for a couple minutes) before we leave. Luckily, she doesn’t mind being there.

Make sure all windows and doors are shut and locked.

Make sure Rick has his pills with him. Masks, phones, etc.

I need to pee before we leave.

Final headcount of the girls. A kiss and “Love you!” for each one.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Headcount, which takes a few minutes around here, turn some lights off, others on, check food and water, check doors, bathroom stop, get purse, mask, phone, glasses, set alarm. tell all the kitties that I’ll be back soon and to behave, wave at the little faces looking out the windows, and I know I have my keys because I lock up as I leave. Lock the gate after I pull out. I never leave quickly. Lol

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Check to make sure Zoe is asleep or distracted so she won't make a dash for the door! 😬