Question Of The Day - Wednesday, August 20th!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because I have several health issues- i absolutely can not go without my medicine. I can't function well without it and can get very sick if miss a dose. So unfortunately, I have no say in the matter- i have to take my medicine every day.That being said though, it has greatly improved my quality of life though and has made me able to function somewhat normally considering some of my health issues- so i am very greatful to have it!

(Before i take anything new - i always reasearch first and make sure i'm aware of the long term issues that could happen as well as any side effects from interacting with other meds. I try to take only what i absolutely need and nothing more if i can help it.
)

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I absolutely hate swallowing pills. I never learned to swallow pills til I was 17, before that I use to take all liquid stuff or just ride out the headache. Once I learned to swallow pills I am still reluctant to take pills unless my headaches/sickness are so bad I can't handle it. Being diagnosed with Sarcoidosis I have had to take prednisone for just under a year now. We all know how gross Pred tastes and the horrible after taste. I found and bought the empty gel caps and put my pred in there and swallowed it with no problems. I have 2 more weeks left of Pred and then no more pills into my body until i possibly have another flair up. (crossing fingers it doesnt happen
)

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a day late on this (missed it). I used to be one who didn't like taking a lot of drugs unless absolutely necessary.

These days I have three that I take twice a day. One every night and one once a week.

Taking so much doesn't bother me as much as what they are preventing. But for some reason they all run out at different times and it seems like I am at the pharmacy every week.