Question of the day Wednesday August 19

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My big Poppycat does many delightful things, such having a simply wonderful catly time in a favorite place under the lilac bushes, completely care free (and supervised :) ).

But, there are a couple things he does that aren't quite so nice. His belly fur is almost cottony and mats easily. When he lies chest down on damp grass, that fur has so much more of a tendency to mat!

The other thing he'll do is sit or lie down without paying attention to where his tail is, and it can sometimes get dragged over his food dish, the goof.

What do your cats do that make you just shake your head?

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat tries to ride my bike! For various reasons my bike lives parked in the hallway, and Sinclair likes to climb up it, sit on the saddle and meow, as if to say "give me a push, my paws don't reach the pedals!". The beautiful brown leather saddle on my bike cost more than my last bike did, and now it is scratched to shreds from little claw marks scrabbling to get up there... Oh, I do declare, Sinclair! :nono:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat tries to ride my bike! For various reasons my bike lives parked in the hallway, and Sinclair likes to climb up it, sit on the saddle and meow, as if to say "give me a push, my paws don't reach the pedals!". The beautiful brown leather saddle on my bike cost more than my last bike did, and now it is scratched to shreds from little claw marks scrabbling to get up there... Oh, I do declare, Sinclair! :nono:
dont push him or it will become an everyday demand to be pushed around i made that mistake with graycie and the kitchen cart i use to help me

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In another life, Mingo was let outdoors after eating to go potty. So now, he cries at the garage door to be let out. I made the mistake of letting him out there (the door is closed), and now he thinks this is a big treat and dashes out the door most of the time. I've let him stay out there a while many times to teach him a lesson, but he doesn't get it. I tell him to come in over and over, and he won't. So I have to go back to the kitchen over and over to let him when he decides it's time.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I give Blue a chicken neck to chew on he takes it out of his bowl and puts it between my feet where ever I am sitting or standing,
lays across my feet and eats it.:dunno:
Growls if I take it back to his bowl.
Cats...are...weird!!
Also if he poops in the litter tray he has to go back again and again to check it is buried properly and add some finishing touches until I clean the tray.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why do they have to barf on the carpet or rugs? They could move a few inches and barf on the linoleum or the wood floors and it would be a lot easier to clean.
Barfing is a very physical activity for the cat. Doing it on rugs or carpet lets them claw into the rug for balance and gain purchase as they heave and barf. Similar to how we instinctively reach out to hold on to a wall or something when we barf into the toilet.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk, brought to you by your neighborhood party pooper.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch says she never does anything naughty; like chew on the plastic netting bag the ice pops come in, causing one to pop and spurt purple juice out. :lol: She also never seeks out the grocery bag with carrots. Or bangs on the mirror on my bathroom door to get attention.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Cal sometimes throws up hairballs on throws on the bed. One is fine but last week she
threw up on 3 before it finally came up. I took them off and put 3 more on, then washed
the soiled ones. I'm glad I have a lot.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The other thing he'll do is sit or lie down without paying attention to where his tail is, and it can sometimes get dragged over his food dish, the goof.
:yeah: Ditto! I'm forever combing Carleton's tail because it's a magnet to his food bowl.

When I get ready to sit down on the sofa and he jumps up where I was about to sit I just shake my head. :headshake:

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's the only one I couldn't change to a round doorknob...
Heaven help me if he develops opposable thumbs..he's definitely working on it.....
Give it time he will work it out..lol..I had to change to shiny ceramic door nobs that he couldn't get a grip on...didnt need thumbs..just swung back and forwards until the latch clicked..way too smart these brats we have.