QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 18, 2021

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't mind doing laundry. I usually get it ready the night before, put it into piles on the bathroom floor, etc. Since I boogered my leg, though, my biggest problem has been going down the stairs; I'm very paranoid about the stairs, afraid a foot is going to slide out from under me again. I do about four loads a week, not including a load of just kitty stuff.

Once it's in the dryer, when the dryer bell rings, I immediately go downstairs, bring it up, fold it and put it away. I despise wrinkled clothing with a passion.

Now washing dishes, OTOH......go ahead, ask me. :fuming:

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
first the laundry room is directly below my bedroom and at the opposite end of the house from the basement stairs, so it’s a long walk to get to and from the laundry room
I hate inconvenient laundry rooms. I've been noticing a lot of houses/apartments that now have the washer and dryer in a walk-in closet, and that's more like it! Why wash the clothes far way from where they have to go? My current house has the washer/dryer in the main bathroom, which at first I thought was weird but now I appreciate it.
I still live with my parents, so I have the luxury of not having to do laundry.
Learn these things while you're still at home! It'll save you a lot of embarrassment when you finally move out, lol.

I started doing my own laundry when I was around 12, because I didn't want to wait for my mom to get around to it. There are a lot of other things I didn't know when I moved out but at least I knew how to do laundry.
Now washing dishes, OTOH......go ahead, ask me. :fuming:
Ugh, dishes are the WORST.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I hate inconvenient laundry rooms. I've been noticing a lot of houses/apartments that now have the washer and dryer in a walk-in closet, and that's more like it! Why wash the clothes far way from where they have to go? My current house has the washer/dryer in the main bathroom, which at first I thought was weird but now I appreciate it.

Learn these things while you're still at home! It'll save you a lot of embarrassment when you finally move out, lol.

I started doing my own laundry when I was around 12, because I didn't want to wait for my mom to get around to it. There are a lot of other things I didn't know when I moved out but at least I knew how to do laundry.

Ugh, dishes are the WORST.
When we first built our house, I didn't mind the laundry in the basement. Now that I'm (considerably) older, it bothers me. When we did our kitchen over, I really wanted a large closet right off the kitchen. It would have provided storage space as well as a laundry. That didn't work out. We simply don't have room on our main floor for a laundry. Anywhere. (If we ever get rich and can afford an attached garage with a room above, you can bet there will be a laundry room, too.)

My sister lives in a 3-story house. Her laundry was in the basement until she said, NO MORE! They took a small bedroom, added it to their bathroom and used it for a laundry room in the bathroom. She said it's the best thing they ever did.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Laundry doesn't bother me much. I do it whenever the hamper gets full (this has changed dramatically as my nest is emptying--I only have one of four still at home). My middle son bought the house across the street from me and doesn't have a washer and dryer--he comes over and uses mine, and our deal is that he buys the supplies (detergent pods/dryer sheets) for us both.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would hate it if I did it. My husband does the laundry because the washer and dryer are in the basement, and, with my disability, I cannot carry the laundry up and down the stairs. I do not mind folding and putting away laundry.

I hate doing laundry because we have a top-loading washer. I am 5' tall with shorter than average arms (and legs), so I would have to stand on a stool to reach the stuff in the bottom. In the past before my husband and I were married, I did the laundry. I cannot tell you how many times I have half fallen into the washer!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I kind of like it. It's a simple routine. I don't mind folding when I can just be back in my bedroom with the tv on getting it done. I do mind when I'm trying to multitask. Like if I get a load from the dryer while DS is working on school stuff; I can't go fold it and expect him to keep working. So normally we end up with big piles of stuff to fold that just keep getting moved off my bed.

DD is big enough that she folds her own now. DH has always been in charge of his own work clothing. So that helps.