QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 18, 2021

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since I've been busy lately I've fallen behind in doing laundry which I'm sure is something we can all relate to at some time or another. I don't mind getting the laundry ready or sorted but absolutely hate putting it away. I usually do three loads of laundry per week.
So today's QUESTION OF THE DAY is a three-part question.

DO YOU LIKE OR DISLIKE DOING LAUNDRY? WHAT DO YOU LIKE OR DISLIKE ABOUT DOING IT? AND HOW MANY TIMES PER WEEK DO YOU DO LAUNDRY?

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Dislike because while it's easy to throw them in the washing machine and walk away then I have to put them in the dryer and get them out and put them away. On an average about 3 times a week unless I'm doing linens and such.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am the same about putting away laundry, don't mind getting them into the washing machine and dryer but I hate putting them away. Since it is now just me and I work from home I only do 2 or 3 loads a week. I have large capacity machines I do two weeks worth of towels one week and two weeks worth of sheets the next week. With working from home and not going out much at all for over a year I often only have one load of clothes.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
download (5).jpeg

Same! I don't mind doing laundry (what's to mind? Shove it in, add a pod, hit a button. Easy!) but getting it folded and put away is the real issue. There have been times when I live out of the dryer, just keep adding things to it and taking them out as needed. It's a big dryer at least, lol. But lately I've been making an effort to get everything put away once a week.

Yeah, probably about 3-5 loads a week, depends on if the cats' blankets need washing or not.
then starch and iron/crease everything
You iron? Impressive!

I bought an iron when I moved out of my parents' house in 2003 and I'm pretty sure I've never used it, lol. Maybe once to put a patch on or something, certainly never for actual ironing.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind doing laundry at all...neither of us do.We usually keep an eye on the hamper and when it gets up there,somebody does it.Usually once a week I like to get all the dog and kitty blankies washed.The rest of the wash...maybe 2 or 3 times a week,depending on what it is.It's one of those things we have to do,like it or not.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doing laundry is the lesser of (many) evils when it comes to chores but folding and putting away are what I dislike. I do 3-6 loads a week....usually 4. But laundry is also part of my job...and our machines are running ALL day...I honestly don't know how many loads we do in a day...so it's just a never ending cycle...(get it? lol)...so it's just.....ugh! again?!?

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really care too much, I just throw my clothes in the wash, then in the dryer, then in a tote and back to my room. I don't care if my clothes are a bit wrinkled.

Towels get washed, thrown in the dryer, and stay there until they're either all used and it's time to wash them again or until I need the dryer for something else.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind it! I do the laundry and my husband does the dishes which I hate.

We have these loads:
-Husband and my darks/colors
-Our lights
-J's coldwater
-J's warm water (I use a different detergent for her, but eventually she'll be folded in with us probably)
-Cloth diapers (we've only been cloth diapering part time, so this only needs to be done every 1.5 weeks usually)
-Towels and sheets when I remember

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laundry doesn't really bother me, what with the automatic washer and dryer these days. What I didn't like was having to wash mops at work years ago with a plunger-type washer in an old drum, then having to use a hand wringer to dry them out enough to hang on a line in the storeroom. I shudder at the thought of people having to wash that way. It takes forever!

I usually do it two or three times a week the newfangled way.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I do clothes laundry every week, sheets and towels every other week. There are a couple things I dislike about it, first the laundry room is directly below my bedroom and at the opposite end of the house from the basement stairs, so it’s a long walk to get to and from the laundry room and those clothes baskets get a little heavier feeling every year. Second, it seems some lint or linty thing always falls on the carpet while I am folding clothes so I end up having to vacuum afterwards. And I really hate it when the sheets get all tangled in the dryer and the ones in the middle of the tangle don’t dry, so you have to pull all them out, separate the dry from the still wet and run another dryer cycle.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Recently I get tired easily, even for simple house chores, so I dislike doing the laundry now.

But, since nobody does it, I still have to do it - at least twice a week.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I like doing laundry but I need help removing some things from washer and putting in dryer. I haven't had
a helper for 2 months so I've been doing light loads.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I still live with my parents, so I have the luxury of not having to do laundry. I do enjoy folding it though. Put on some music when I'm alone and swing around the table while folding. I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I don't know a lot about the rest of it, how the washing machine works exactly and all that😅
We have a load downstairs that needs folding atm, but it's currently a bed for one of the cats, and I don't dare to disturb him😂