Question Of The Day, Wednesday, Aug 16, 2017

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Let's say, just for fun, that your life has been vastly fascinating and a publisher has contacted you about having a very well-known author write a fictionalized version of your life. Which author do you want to write it and why?

And I'm actually having a hard time with this one. I kinda want Krys Radish because she writes the most beautiful books about the friendships between women. But on the other hand, I think that Jennifer Crusie, with her wonderful sense of the absurd, could capture parts of me so very well. But on the other other hand, Alice Hoffman's sweet, natural inclusion of everyday magics draws me very strongly, indeed. I wonder if the publisher would let the collaborate?

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne Applebaum, she wrote one of my favourite books about the history of the Gulags - writes well and is informative.

If I wanted something with a bit more "Pazzazz" though I reckon I would choose George RR Martin (Granted, who knows how many of my family members would survive on his version :tongue:) or Scott Lynch. Both elegant and eye grasping story tellers.