Question Of The Day, Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Drat. I'm tired beyond belief, I have to get up early to go shopping, and I can't think of a single clever question! SO...I'll go with a rather dull, boring one. Re the shopping, and bearing in mind that I do ALL of my shopping for the month on the 3rd:

Other than staples, what ONE food item is ALWAYS on your shopping list?

Wanna guess what mine is? Yep...HOT DOGS!

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to get chicken salad. If the store has run out of it or I forget to get it, I have to make tuna salad or egg salad until I go shopping again.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
If I can only choose one item I'd probably say bananas. I don't buy too many at a time because I don't want them to get rotten, that is unless I'm baking banana bread. ;)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really does vary for me. Depending on if I need more, mini pretzels, some spicy dip (for the mini pretzels), sandwich cookies, breakfast cereal. Those are items that I almost always keep on hand.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat food.

As far as people food goes, it varies because I try to stock up on the items I use frequently, like bread and lunch meat, so I can last 10 days to 2 weeks on those items.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Avocados for DH.

I picked up our grocery order yesterday and we looked like bread hoarders. 6 loaves. 6! :paperbag: I keep having to go to the store for more bread and milk and I decided I'm not doing that this week!! So 2 loaves of DH's favorite fiber-filled honey wheat. 2 loaves of the kids less fiber filled honey wheat and 2 loaves of DS's multigrain raisin breakfast bread. I keep wondering what the shopper thought of our order. :lol: Our mini fridge in the garage is full of bread and apples. I also found another loaf of DS's breakfast bread in there. I like to have that in place of dessert so it'll all get eaten. :thumbsup: