Question of the Day, Wednesday April 27th

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yep, it's a day late. I forgot. :lol3:

What will you not buy and bring into the house because you can't control yourself and will eat it all?

Crunchy cheetos for me. I saw them at the store yesterday and was drooling. :lol3:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, it's a day late. I forgot.

What will you not buy and bring into the house because you can't control yourself and will eat it all?

Crunchy cheetos for me. I saw them at the store yesterday and was drooling.
OMG I love those. I don't buy them either.  

For me it's any kind of salty, crispy thing but most especially potato chips.  Deadly.

There are other things I don't buy because they are Tom's problem food. Ritz crackers rarely make their way into our front door because he'll eat the whole box up in a day or two.  

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crunchy Cheetos for me, too. I ate a whole package in one sitting once. Also Snyder's Honey and Mustard pretzel pieces or those garlic rye bagel rounds. Actually, I rarely buy any snacks anymore. I eat too many of them.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most of those trigger foods are no longer an issue since I gave up dairy. I was a cheese fiend but the thing I do bring into the house but shouldn't is:

Soft pretzels. I bought a box last week and ate them all by Tuesday. I was thinking about going to get another one but didn't. I could make a meal out of them (and have) 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Peanut M & Ms.....I allow myself to have them twice a year (Christmas and Good Friday)

Potato chips, especially with salt and vinegar, but I'm certainly not adverse to Middleswarth Chips.

Cheez-its....be still, my heart

I definitely could eat a box of soft pretzels! And I dearly love a good bagel (or three). That's a carb thing, I think.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For me it's the puffy Cheetos.  I used to be that way with chocolate too but I have gotten to where I can have it in the house and control myself.  

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cadbury cream eggs
OH BE STILL MY HEART!  Thank GOD you can only buy them during one season a year!  My diabetes would be completely out of control!  I can actually eat one a week and not hurt myself, but if they were around all the time, it would become a HUGE issue!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH BE STILL MY HEART!  Thank GOD you can only buy them during one season a year!  My diabetes would be completely out of control!  I can actually eat one a week and not hurt myself, but if they were around all the time, it would become a HUGE issue!
They are Sooooooo good!!!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Dried fruit. Dried mangoes are my absolute favourite, but dried pineapple, fig, apple, cherry just about anything is irresistible. You can get a mixed bag of Dried Sours in my local supermarket, lemon, orange and sour cherry. It's kind of expensive so I always think I'll get a small bag and eat them slowly but once the packet is open I'm like a woman possessed.

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Potato chips.  I don't have to worry about controlling myself too much in the house because they are almost gone by the time I reach my driveway.  

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cadbury cream eggs
jenny82 jenny82 I was in our local CVS earlier this week. They had a bunch left over from Easter. They are in a bin marked ten cents each. I bought one and drug myself on out of the store. I ate it before I even started my car. :lol3: The rest of them have been calling my name ever since. :lol3:

I rarely buy boxes of ice cream because it calls me from the freezer. If I really crave it badly, we might go to McDonald's for their mini hot fudge sundae. I am satisfied and there is no more to eat. :nod:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Come to think of it...when I was a teenager, I had a serious thing about Lay's Sour Cream and Green Onion chips...with chocolate milk.  It was my breakfast of choice.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Come to think of it...when I was a teenager, I had a serious thing about Lay's Sour Cream and Green Onion chips...with chocolate milk.  It was my breakfast of choice.
Blech! I almost hurled just reading that, lol.

Golly, I think the more appropriate question is what shouldn't I bring in the house! Because I do, I totally do. Life is too short to not enjoy food. I just have to try really hard to not be a glutton. Cheese and crackers though, definitely a big weakness.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before I start I must say I am so very far from perfect but I can't think of anything that would cause me to binge.
Sorry. I love most of those things but eat them in moderation.