Question of the Day, Wednesday, April 26, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :happycat: Next week will be five years since my cousin passed away. Although not in my immediate family she was definitely my favorite relative. She was 10 years older than me so I looked up to her and called her my big sister. She was kind, thoughtful and wise which is why I felt I could tell her anything. I even became a teacher to follow in her footsteps. I think of her often and feel grateful she was a part of my life.💖

WHO IS YOUR CLOSEST RELATIVE THAT IS NOT A PART OF YOUR IMMEDIATE FAMILY?
(Remember immediate family members are parents, grandparents, spouses and children so it has to be someone other than them.)

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss neely neely she sounds like she was an absolutely amazing person.
I am not close to any of my relatives. Most of them have passed and the rest of them have made it clear they think I'm a joke. :rolleyes:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cousin. We were born 28 days apart. My mom still likes to tell the story about the time my dad took her and my aunt to a mall while they were both heavily pregnant. They were walking with my dad in the middle and people were giving him dirty looks! Apparently they couldn’t understand that he wasn’t having children with 2 different women at the same time. :lol:

We’ve always been pretty close even though we are very different people in a lot of ways. I had 2 maids of honor at my weddings because they were both so important to my. One was my best friend since high school and the other was my cousin. I couldn’t choose between them. Apparently as babies we would cry if the other one did. We had a lot of fun together. Even if she did blame a stain on Grandma’s white bedspread on me!:lol:

The only thing I didn’t like was that our birthday gifts were always duplicates and she was born first. So id see what my gift was going to be a month ahead of time! I also got things in the ugly primary yellow and green of the 80s because I wouldn’t fuss and my cousins would so they got all the red/pink or blue versions. It’s probably why I learned to speak up for myself. But I also don’t like not getting to choose things for myself.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
My eccentric deceased second cousin once removed who turned down advances from Tennessee Williams and who asked me to explain the endings of plays to him, as due to narcolepsy he’d fall asleep before the curtain fell.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will say without a doubt my niece Dana.She's the adopted daughter of my half brother.Very long and complicated story,but we found each other after many years and she is just a joy to my heart.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm definitely closest to my sister, but she's still technically my immediate family. For someone other than her... I honestly don't know. Maybe my brother-in-law or nieces?