Question of the Day, Wednesday, April 24, 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :hellocat: I was getting nostalgic and thinking about my favorite tv shows when I was young. Some of them are on from time to time as reruns and I still enjoy watching them. The ones that come to mind are: The Addams Family, Bewitched, Lassie, Quincy and The Beverly Hillbillies. But The Addams Family still stands out as my all-time favorite. They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky, they're altogether ooky, The Addams Family!!!

WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the old shows that used to be on Nick at Night or TV Land. I haven’t had cable type tv in years so I don’t know whats on now. My kids really liked Andy Griffith.

As a kid I loved Full House and Family Matters.

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Being a child of the 90s and British, I had a slightly different selection of things: Playdays and Fireman Sam were the two big things when I was young, and I also had some video tapes of The Clangers and Bagpuss, which were made in the 70s but haven't dated at all really. They're just charming little stop motion stories. Bagpuss was a floppy old toy cat who came to life when nobody was looking. He and the other toys restored old, discarded objects so they'd be useful again, and there was always a story and a clever little song to do with each object.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Saved by the Bell. It was on practically all the time on some channel and I can still recite some of the episodes. It was so stupid, but funny-stupid.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Car 54, Where Are You? Fred Gwynne, Al Lewis, Nipsey Russel and Charlotte Rae among others.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What age are you thinking? When I was little, there were lots - Kimba the White Lion, Whacky Races, the Flintstones, the Jetsons (I mostly liked the Hanna-Barbera cartoons more than the Warner Bros ones), the Banana Splits, HR Pufnstuf, Adventure Island (Australian series for little kids). When I was a teenager my favourites were the Goodies and Dr Who, which I watched every weeknight, and Monty Python's Flying Circus, which I could only watch occasionally as it came on late.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Lone Ranger was my all time favorite. But I also watched My Friend Flicka, Lassie, Fury, and Howdy Doody. i never liked Roy Rogers. When they took Nellybelle (a Jeep) to meet the stage, I lost it.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Bagpuss was a floppy old toy cat who came to life when nobody was looking. He and the other toys restored old, discarded objects so they'd be useful again, and there was always a story and a clever little song to do with each object.
that sounds soo cute!!!!rh

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bewitched, Get Smart, Gilligans Island, Beverly Hillbillies, Lost in Space, Batman, to name a few.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The Man From U.N.C.L.E and Honey West when I was a kid and MASH when I was a little older

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Pinky Lee Show on Saturday morning and The Hit Parade on Saturday night. I am thinking not many folks here are old enough to remember these two shows.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The Pinky Lee Show on Saturday morning and The Hit Parade on Saturday night. I am thinking not many folks here are old enough to remember these two shows.
I never heard of Pinky Lee but remember my parents watching The Hit Parade! :thumbsup: