QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning, almost noon, and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! I just love calling it Whiskers Wednesday courtesy of dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1

Surprisingly the weather is supposed to warm up to 80 F here this coming Saturday which got me to thinking about all the things I either need to buy or take out of the closet. One of them is sunscreen. I usually buy the cheapest one that's on sale but having seen the dermatologist recently I need to be more careful. I have somewhat fair skin and want to get a better quality sunscreen this year.

QUESTION OF THE DAY -
DO YOU WEAR SUNSCREEN AND IF SO, WHAT BRAND OR TYPE DO YOU USE?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been trying to be better about wearing sunscreen if I know I'm going to be outside for a long time. I will put it on if I'm doing landscaping or yardwork because my backyard is south facing and not a lot of trees. In high school I was very adamant about wearing sunscreen when I had track meets and my teammates thought I was weird. Now 20 years later I've been complimented on how my skin doesn't have any sun damage, so I must have been doing something right. 😝

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been trying to be better about wearing sunscreen if I know I'm going to be outside for a long time. I will put it on if I'm doing landscaping or yardwork because my backyard is south facing and not a lot of trees. In high school I was very adamant about wearing sunscreen when I had track meets and my teammates thought I was weird. Now 20 years later I've been complimented on how my skin doesn't have any sun damage, so I must have been doing something right. 😝
I don’t doubt that you have terrific looking skin.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I know everyone should but I don’t. I am dark skinned and in my whole life have only sunburned a couple times and those were so mild by the day after it was fine. It wasn’t until I had a white skinned Norwegian child that I ever even purchased sun screen.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Whatever’s handy but would like to be more aware of what I use as I’ve heard some of it isn’t good for our oceans and can damage fish, coral, plankton, etc. Open to suggestions on that if any of you know.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm married to a redhead so sunscreen is a way of life around here. :lol:

I'm one of those people with the Italian undertones; but fair enough that I still burn without it. With it I tan really nicely if I let myself get enough sun. DS has my coloring and tans nicely. DD looks like she does; but she doesn't actually tan (she does have some light freckling on her cheeks). We can all be out in the sun together and DS and I will get nice and tan and she barely changes at all. :dunno:

I wear Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer with SPF 50 everyday. I have Eucerin Daily Hydration with SPF 30 for days I'm outside some but not so much that I reach for the full on sunscreen. I prefer Banana Boat Sport for my regular garden/beach type sunscreen but Coppertone or a generic will do just fine too. I usually just take whatever DH has around the house at the moment.

DD is sensitive to sunscreen so she wears Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 15 on her face. Anything higher SPF makes her face all red and peel. Blue Lizard sunscreen has been the best on her body. DS uses Coppertone Pure & Simple or Water Babies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norhing particular, whatever I happen to buy. Points for spray, points for smelling like the old-fashioned coconut (?) sunscreen scent. I only wear it if I'm going to be outside for a long time.