Question of the Day: Wednesday 3/21/2012

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you get a high school class ring? Do you still wear it?

Did you get a college ring? Do you still wear it?

I wore my high school ring all the time, until I got my college ring. Now I wear my college ring all the time.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have both and they're stashed in the jewelry box. Never worn them. I guess for me it's because they're more like memorabilia than part of a wardrobe. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have a high school one, but didn't bother with a collage one.

I used to work for a Class Ring manufacturer. :)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a class ring in high school; I loved it! They let us buy them the beginning of our junior year so that we would get a few years of wear out of them. Mine was silver with a light purple stone. One side had ballet slippers (dance) and a shoe with wings (for Track & Field) and the other side had a music note and a Key Club symbol If my memory serves me correctly. I'll have to see if I can find it sometime! :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I did have a class ring, but I lost it many years ago. I still have Rick's ring, though; I wore it more than he did.

Never bought a college ring though.

Last edited:

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didn't get a HS ring, but I do have a college ring. I don't wear it any more. It still fits, but my hands are baby sized, so I can only wear one ring at a time so I don't look silly. The wedding band wins.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still have my High School Class ring, along with my class key. Did anyone else get one of those, or is that a Catholic school thing? I told DH I found my class key while we were unpacking a few years ago and he looked at me like I had lost my mind.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my HS class ring when I was 16 and I still wear it everyday.  The only time I didn't have it on my finger was when Dave and I were dating.  He gave me his ginormous ring to wear, and put mine on his key ring.  (I really wasn't very happy about that)   Back then, everyone in the class got the same ring.  I like that so much better than everyone getting their own design.  I went to an all-girl Catholic school; the boys' school had matching rings.

I also have a matching necklace that I haven't worn in years.

To show how old this ring is, the ring and necklace together were $35

blueorchid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a high school class ring. It was one of my graduation presents from my parents. I don't wear it any more.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I got both, but only wore them junior/senior year. They're both stashed in my jewelry box with all the other rings I haven't worn since I got married >30 years ago.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my high school one my sophomore year and wore it a lot in high school.  I do still have it.  I also wore my Mom's high school ring for a while too.

I was married the summer before my last year of college; so I had all the ring I wanted at that point! 

I don't think my high school ring would fit now if I tried it.  Plus I wear my wedding band on a chain most of the time now anyway.  My hands aren't too swollen from pregnancy; but I'd rather keep it off just in case they do suddenly puff up a bit.  But also with my 2 year old I feel like my hands are always in the water and what not.  So the girl who used to wear 5 rings every day now wears none!
  At least once this pregnancy is over I can put my toe ring back on!  Normally I wear that year round!

Nat; how much did your rings cost?  I think mine was about $600.  I saved for part and my parents split the rest as a birthday/christmas gift to me.  Might be one of those times that having divorced parents worked to my advantage!