Question of the Day: Wednesday 2/1/2012

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What were some of your favorite books when you were a child? Do you still have them?

meuzettesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The Little Kittens and one about a selfish kitten. I don't know the name of it. He falls in a bucket of blue paint and everyone liked him. His mother told him it was because he changed the way he treated others not that he was blue. Cute story.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nancy Drew!! I inhaled Nancy Drew books. :D

And they're still up in a closet in my old room at my mom's house. (I think. I hope.)

Last edited:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Babysitter's Little Sister and Goosebumps were my favorites. I have most of them at my parent's still

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorites were:

Mimi the Merry-Go-Round Cat

The LIttlest Angel

Dr. Goat

We had tons of books at our house, all of my siblings and myself are voracious readers.

I do still have the first 2 books; unfortunately, Dr.Goat literally fell apart.  I managed to find a copy in an antique mall a few years back and was absolutely delighted!

Good question, Maria!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heidi was one of my favorites - I still would love to go to Switzerland someday.

I loved a series of books (a little older than a child at that time - maybe 13 or so) by an author named  Albert Payson Terhune.  I don't know if anybody ever heard of him, but he was a breeder of champion collies and wrote books about his dogs --- Lad A Dog was one of the best.    

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted books above but just remembered one that I always loved --- "Black Beauty".

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Goodnight Moon!  I had to get that for DD too.  According to my Aunt, my Gram started all the grandkids on that one!  Other little kid books were like The Bernstein Bears and Mercer Mayer's books.

When I got a bit older it was either the Mandy series by Lois Gladys Leppard or The Baby Sitter's Club. :eek:)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Nancy Drew!! I inhaled Nancy Drew books.

And they're still up in a closet in my old room at my mom's house. (I think. I hope.)
I always liked the Nancy Drew books. Hardy Boys, too. I never had many of them...I just devoured them from the library.

My favorite book, then and now, is Alice in Wonderland. I just love that book. Rick gave me a beautiful pop-up copy of Alice in Wonderland several years ago for Christmas. It's gorgeous.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Bobbsey Twins, Little House series, and Oz books were my faves. I still have the Oz books.

I also enjoyed reading encyclopedias. :read:

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a child my favorite books were the Hardy Boys and Trixie Belden series.  Loved them and must have re-read all of them dozens of times.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys!!!!! I also loved the Raggedy and Andy books as a child and still have the all the books.:clap::clap::clap:;)

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Black Stallion series and, well, any book that had to do with horses. I also loved the Heidi series (Heidi, Heidi Grows Up, and Heidi's Children) along with the Bambi series (Bambi and Bambi's Children). They were actually my mom's books when she was growing up and she gave them to me. I re-read them so many times I lost count. I basically read anything I could get my hands on as a child (things haven't changed much as an adult! 
 )