Question Of The Day, Wednes Day, January 9, 2019

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm running very late today, so let me throw this out there right quick like, and I'll be back later.

What is your favorite style of house? What makes you year to just move in and settle down?

For me...LOL, OK you all know I'm not quite normal, right? There are no more questions about this, are there? My favorite style is...well...let's call it "medieval modern." Give me a 7th century castle, but don't forget the "modern" part of this! I want my running water and central heat and air, and, BY GEORGE, I've fount the people who can build it for me! Take a peek!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the English baroque style the best (e.g. Chatsworth House). Or a French chateau, if I'm dreaming big...
However, being more for the regular folk that I am, I like a cottage in the countryside that looks a bit like this, or a modern glass house in the countryside that looks like this.
Or a Spanish villa that looks like this.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'd call what i'd like 'modern rustic'. not a cabin, but a full sized house. electricity, natural gas, modern plumbing, and definitely a wood burning stove. simple, functional, space efficient, good storage space, and well insulated. i'd be very happy if i couldn't see any neighboring homes from my windows or from anywhere on my property.

denice denice -- :yeah:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, I would SO live in one of those! The mushroom houses, that is. There was a simultaneous post there.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the style of house that Michele and I bought as our first one- a 1903-built Craftsman. All of the original woodwork is still there, but it is a real pain in the wallet to replace any when necessary.
Yeah. I think about that. And I would like a 1903 craftsman with 21st century plumbing, heating and electrical. Even in a 1960’s house there is a lot of updating to be done.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've owned a Center Hall Colonial that I restored. It was lovely and it was a LOT of work. Since Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 is accepting guests, I won't need my own castle. :yess: I have always loved log cabins and would be thrilled to own one but realistically, I'd love a tiny house. They've always intrigued me. Since this is hypothetical, I wouldn't have to cut corners on any of my wish list so I'd want one without ladders as well as a fully functional kitchen and bath. I adore Zyl Vardos' homes. Zyl Vardos

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. I think about that. And I would like a 1903 craftsman with 21st century plumbing, heating and electrical. Even in a 1960’s house there is a lot of updating to be done.
One of the first things we did was put in a new furnace with central air, I replaced all the old galvanized pipes, and upgraded the wiring when we put in the standby generator.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt,
I do not have to dream, you did that for me . I love your taste in CASTLES and having running water, heat, toilets are the perfect compliment, don't you agree? When I was young I read several books by the author Victoria Holt, and her stories were often from castles ❤❤❤