Question of the Day, Wed July 28

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My question is about places you have lived. How many towns/cities/states have you lived in? How many times have you moved?

I grew up and lived here in Bakersfield all my life. I have never moved out! I lived with my parents for almost 23 years until I married. Since then I moved to 5 different apartments, the house we lost and now the apartment we are in. I have lead a boring life. I would like to move to a cooler climate as it is beastly hot in the summer here.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We moved about 17 times before we built our house in the 80s. I think we're pretty much settled in now. (I'd like to move, but DH doesn't want to at this time.)

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I grew up in Quispamsis, a town about 20 minutes away from Saint John, where I am now. When I was 18 I moved to Calgary, lived in 2 different places there. Came home 2 years later, moved to Saint John, and have been in Saint John since however I've lived in 6 different places within Saint John. We've been in the home we're in now for almost a year, we LOVE it and don't see us moving for a very long time.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if I can remember every place I have lived but here goes.

I was born and raised in Newark NJ.

I moved to Carteret NJ after I got married.

Moved to San Diego CA one year after I got married. Lived there until 1980 until hubby and I separated.

Moved back to NJ in 1980.

Since moving back to NJ I have moved 6 times.

I never ever want to move again
I do think I remembered it all.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Excluding infancy to age 3, here's my answer:

I've lived in 3 different counties (but only 1 city)

I have moved more times than I care to remember - at least 7 times

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Iwas born and lived in several homes until age three in Clinton, NC, then moved to Versailles,Ky where I lived in one house for sixteen years, then moved to Lexington, Ky where I lived in one house for sixteen years, then moved here to Wilmington, NC where I've lived in the house for twenty-four years.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was born in Massachusetts.

When I was older and decided to be independent I moved to Rhode Island and bought a house.

Two years later my job moved to New Hampshire and I moved with it. Since them I've moved once to the other side of the city.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born in a suburb of Minneapolis, MN - Richfield - and grew up there. I moved to NYC when I was 23, and have lived here ever since. So, I've lived in New York longer than I lived in the place where I was born!

Then there was the 5 months I lived in Lake George, NY, doing a show - which was great.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One thus far. I've lived in the same city I was born in my entire life. That is soon to change, though, as we will be moving 6 hours away to a different state. Yikes...I'm sort of scared.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born in Denver, and my parents bought their current house when I was only a year old. So, I never moved as a kid. I've always lived in the Denver area, several different apartments, but I've never lived outside of Colorado.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born and raised in Memphis, Tennessee. I've lived in Memphis, Bartlett, and Cordova, Tennessee. (Bartlett & Cordova are right outside of Memphis.). I moved from Memphis to Cordova on the 10th of July, so I haven't been living here too long, but so far I love it.
(I've moved 9 times in 25 years. Definitely sick of moving and hoping to stay where I'm at for a while!)

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

My question is about places you have lived. How many towns/cities/states have you lived in? How many times have you moved?
I grew up in basically 2 homes around the same city. One until I saw 7. Then a temporary family move in with relative for one month while we house hunted, then on to another home for the next years until college (18).
So not too many places up to that point.
However, in college I moved a ton within the same city, sometimes twice a year. After college I moved about every year as well, different cities, towns, even another state. I always bring my animals with me, moving multiple animals (dogs, a cat, reptiles) to different states and cities has become easy. Thankfully, everyone travels well.
The longest I have lived in a residence since I was 18 is about 2.5-3 years. I thought I would be at my last house a lot longer, but work and family matters took us away. And there is talk about work moving a lot of people to another state/city in the future. I hope we can put that off as long as possible I would like to stay put for awhile! The good thing about this moving stuff is I live with a lot less clutter. The less clutter, the better in my life.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have lived in atleast 15 different homes over my life, 10 or more before I was 18.........Moving is not a favorite of mine

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've lived in 3 different cities in 3 different states:
Hopatcong, NJ
Kannapolis, NC
Summerville, SC

I lived in 3 different houses in Hopatcong
1 house in Kannapolis
2 houses in Summerville.

Will probably be living in this one for awhile, want to build a second house someday in new england though.