Question of the Day Wed July 14

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tired as usual this morning... LOL Here is my question.....

Have you or are you planning to attend your high school reunion? When was the last one you attended?

My 35th reunion is this year. the last one I attended was my 5th, 30 years ago. something has always come up as to where we could not afford the tickets. This year, the tickets are $50 each and as usual, we cannot afford them. BUT I will be attending anyway! One of my old classmates found out about my situation and has bought the tickets for me and DH to attend! It is going to be an informal affair at "Coconut Joe's Beach Club" I am going to try to find a sun dress to wear. It is going to be fun to see who got fat (me) and who is losing their hair.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I left senior school 3 years ago and here we dont really have reunions or if we do they are rare and not a huge deal which i think is a shame really ,

thats kind of your friend
hope u have a lovely time x

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I attended my 15th only because I had been cornered by a fellow grad (saw him at a local festival, he grabbed me and hugged me and insisted I go as his sis was coming from out of town to attend) I promised I would go.

I made the observation that guys who were a-holes then were still a-holes.

This year would be 35 for me, too, but I haven't heard anything and doubt I would go.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
nope its not a big thing here tbh if we did have them id rather not see some off the people i used to go to school with as i know they havent changed, ive been left 8 years now

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont even know if I would be invited to attend my reunion. Ive been out of school 8 yrs now and due to a mistake the counselors made I wasnt even able to walk with my class. We had 3 credit requirement changes in the 01 class, 02 class and 03 class. The counselors accidentally messed up and kept about 30+ students from 'graduating' because they were short 2 credits for graduating. We all found out that they were going by the following years requirements not our year. I ended up getting my diploma about 2 yrs later after fighting with the school, my mom was reimbursed the cost of summer school and I was offered to be allowed to walk with that years graduating class..Yeah wasnt gonna happen why walk when I wasnt allowed to do it with the people I was friends with. Even if I was invited to the reunion I probably wouldnt go I dont talk to anyone from high school anymore.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, never attended one. Didn't much care for the kids I went to school with. Very clicky.

I skipped out as much as I could because I absolutely hated high school. My mother had a fit when I didn't buy a year book or want to attend my graduation. I broke down and attended the graduation. Wanted to please my mom.

This year it will be the 40th. Although, I would like to tell the "snooty" ones what I felt about them, I will forgo it and hug a cat instead!

No downside to that!!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I don't know if they have reunions at my high school. I would probably go if they had one.

I don't think my high school has a reunion for specific graduating classes. They just have the anniversary of the school opening and they invite everyone who has graduated and they call that a reunion.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My high school was in Minnesota. My specific class has reunions on and off - I went to the 25th (I think it was) with my best friend from high school - we're still friends- and flew in from NYC to go to it. I can't remember what year that was. It was fun - and my friend Sharon and I noticed that there was one gal, who had been gorgeous through high school, who was still gorgeous!

I had fun in high school - wasn't that great a student, but I had fun.

A few years ago, the school itself had a 50th anniversary, and invited all the different graduating classes. It was held at the high school, with each class being in a different room. I went with my brother, and it was fun going back to the school itself. You could wander from room to room,catching up with people - I was on crutches with a broken foot, and hung out alot in the classroom that was for our graduating class. People who were "cliquey" in high school were really friendly - I guess no one cared about all that stuff that went on.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was picked on unmercifully in high school, and have no desire to see anyone I graduated with ever again. They have a reunion every 5-10 years and I have never attended any of them.
The very thought of it makes me nauseous!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My 10 year is coming up and I have no real desire to go at all. I didn't get along with the majority of those I went to school with.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Never been, probably never will. We do, however, do to my DH's class reunions. He's always on the reunion committee and they have a good time planning for their parties and dinners. So we always go.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Hell No!!! Those were the worse years of my life. I had a small group of friends. We kept each other sane. I think we were the original "Breakfast Club". I skipped out a lot and barely graduated. Didn't want to go to prom (mom forced me), didn't want a graduation ring (I won that one), and I didn't want a graduation party (lost that one, too). I have no desire to see those people again.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I went to the 5th and 10th because I still lived in town. Since then I have moved twice and it's not worth the long drive.

I did consider going to the anniversary celebration about 10 years ago but the location was not very good, and again I didn't want to make the trip.

I'm just not a social butterfly. Never had that many friends and have not kept in touch with the few that I had.

Recently a guy that was part of the "in" crowd requested an add on my Face Book. I can't imagine why. He was probably just sending requests to anyone that graduated in the same year.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't attended any yet. I've been out of high school for 8 years, and they had a 5 year one but I was out of town. I might go if we have a 10 year one. Wow, 10 years?!
I'm old

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I haven't attended any yet. I've been out of high school for 8 years, and they had a 5 year one but I was out of town. I might go if we have a 10 year one. Wow, 10 years?!
I'm old
I don't even want to hear it! LOL! I'm looking at our 25th in 2012.

I went to our 5th but it was just the same cliques. I was in the "nerd" click (smart people, band people, theater people) and we all kept in touch up to that point so it wasn't really a "reunion". Our 10th I skipped because it was just the homecoming queen inviting people over to her farm for a party. woohoo. Don't think so.

Our 15th I would have liked to have gone to but I was out of the country and just couldn't afford to come back, even for that "traveled the farthest" reward...which I would have won. For our 20th I was back in the country but nobody knew that and few people had my email address because I'd lost touch with most of them.

Thanks to Facebook, I've reconnect with a lot of people from HS, including some I would have never considered "friends" in school. It's funny how 20+ years have changed some people, including me. I'm actually looking forward to our next reunion.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to my 25th class reunion in 2002....the only one I've been to, and most likely the only one I will ever attend. It was the same old stuck up people, in the same old cliques. The men were all bald, with beer guts, and the women were all modeling their new breast implants, tummy tucks, nose jobs and eyelid surgeries (I work with a plastic surgeon...I can tell what's been done. Ya can't fool me!) Gah....I didn't like those people back in high school, and I didn't like them any better after 25 years. I doubt I'll waste any more time on them in the future.

I've kept in contact with my two best friends from high school. We get together every summer, and keep in touch via phone and e-mail weekly. I don't need a class reunion to know who's important to me, and who isn't.