Question of the Day - Tuesday, September 7

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings to all! Happy first Tuesday of September!

What was the bravest thing you did when you were a kid?

Not sure if it officially counts (Probably would be under "Had no choice but to be brave" category) but probably all my years I spent as a sick kid in the hospital with multiple major surgeries/tests and long stays in the hospital. Other moments include climbing on very high things like to the top oftrees and towers (Was it wise? Mayhaps not lol) and standing up against bullies. I'm sure there are other times to mention but memory is a wee bit more fleeting tonight!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In 8th grade, my mom encouraged me to go out for cross country running even though it wasn't something I had ever done (and sports in general wasn't something I had done). It was hard because I was out of shape and very slow. I always came in last place, but I was there for every race regardless.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dave sat in front of me in our 7th grade homeroom, while Allan sat behind us at the back of the room. Allan was the class bully, and one morning while walking back to his seat he took the pile of books on Dave's desk and knocked them to the floor. Dave was the meek, inoffensive sort- he later became a lawyer- so I stood up and blocked Allan's path and told him, slowly, to pick them up. At first he just laughed, but I didn't move, but repeated myself, only slower. He picked them up.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:in 7 th grade i knocked out one of my front teeth playing foot ball on the black top area running full tilt tright onto a basketball hoop:lol: got back up grabbed my tooth and walked to the nurses while everyone around was freaking out:lol:not sure if that counts as brave cause i didnt cry or nothing probably i am just more knuckle headed than most kids were my age.:rolleyes:got recess detention with my friends for a week and having to write an essay about why we should be following the school rules etc.al cause the teacher on black top duty had been warning us all week about playing ball there the whole week:lol: the good old days as a kid

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was 5 years old visiting my grandparent's farm in Ireland, I got myself in trouble a number of times. On a dare, I climbed up a very large stack of baled Hay . Then my cousin climbed up and we started rough housing and I tumbled off the stack (at least 7 feet high). I landed on my feet (like a cat)😉 and somehow I was left with no real injuries. Just shook up. On the same vacation a few days later, two farm dogs were very agitated with each other. I just couldn't stand to see the dogs be so angry with each other. I got between them and told them to stop, but one of the dogs was in lunge mode and lunged at me and bit me in the hand (meaning to bite the other dog). The bite wound wasn't as bad as it could have been. I was lucky to not get badly injured on my vacation. My mom said I was a magnet for getting into trouble and she have to have eyes in the back of her head to keep up with me. I guess these incidents made me a much braver kid. It toughened me up. 🙂

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:in 7 th grade i knocked out one of my front teeth playing foot ball on the black top area running full tilt tright onto a basketball hoop:lol: got back up grabbed my tooth and walked to the nurses while everyone around was freaking out:lol:not sure if that counts as brave cause i didnt cry or nothing probably i am just more knuckle headed than most kids were my age.:rolleyes:got recess detention with my friends for a week and having to write an essay about why we should be following the school rules etc.al cause the teacher on black top duty had been warning us all week about playing ball there the whole week:lol: the good old days as a kid
This reminded me when I was in Grade School and I did not want to go to the dentist for a bad tooth.

What I did was looped a thread on the tooth, the other end of the thread on a door knob -- and ran. Voila! My bad tooth plucked!

I was very young then, and it took guts to do that, right? So I guess it was being brave of me. :jive:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't think I was particularly brave as a kid. Just rather stupid.

I climbed and fell out of trees, fell into a drainage ditch because I was trying to balance on the thin wall that ran alongside it and broke my fingers and swam in the river and had to be rescued from near drowning at least twice. Once I fell off a pony and broke my collar bone, but got back on and kept riding until the end of the riding lesson. My dad told me I was very brave then, but I think it was more a case of being scared of my riding teacher. She told me to stop crying and get back on the pony, so I did.

:lol:

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
12 years old and driving a tractor bulldozing down gates and fences to let firetrucks onto the farm to protect the house and orchard from a bushfire while my 12 and 10 year old cousins were rounding up the dairy cattle and running them to the other side of the farm.
No time to be kids that day.