Question Of The Day - Tuesday, September 5

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Welcome to the first Tuesday of September!

If you could meet any famous cat in the world, who would it be and why?

Internet celebrity, film, hero kitties, past or present etc

For me it would probably be Cole and Marmalade. They are too endearing, and it doesn't hurt that their owner is a lovely guy and very cute :lol:

And maybe some wartime hero kitties too from WWII.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know if he is super famous but there is a little three legged cat in Vegas named Trident, http://tridentthecat.com/, that I would like to meet. I stumbled across his very first Instagram posting when he was first found in 2016. In the beginning, his humans where trying to re-home him because they didn't think they could care for him. I have seen his journey since that day and it just would be nice to meet him in person.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Streetcat Bob from the UK because I love the story.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a cat called Garfi, the angry cat. He makes me chuckle. His owners say he is a nice cat, he just looks angry. It may be all those outfits they put on him that make him so sullen. I would love to meet him! Here he is.

images.jpg

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really have a famous cat I would love to meet. But, if I was ever in Chicago, I would have to go to the Field Museum to see the Ghost and the Darkness.
I would definitely NOT want to see them if they were still alive though.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't really have a famous cat I would love to meet. But, if I was ever in Chicago, I would have to go to the Field Museum to see the Ghost and the Darkness.
I would definitely NOT want to see them if they were still alive though.
I was going to say this! :D I watched that movie all the time when I was younger. Then, I went to Chicago, saw the boys...and I wasn't impressed! I was expecting terrifying taxidermy.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to say this! :D I watched that movie all the time when I was younger. Then, I went to Chicago, saw the boys...and I wasn't impressed! I was expecting terrifying taxidermy.
I wouldn't expect to be impressed by taxidermy. But just to lay eyes on those two...
If you read the book 'The Maneaters of Tsavo' by Col. Patterson, you get an even bigger insight to how they didn't act like lions. I would just want to see them.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't expect to be impressed by taxidermy. But just to lay eyes on those two...
If you read the book 'The Maneaters of Tsavo' by Col. Patterson, you get an even bigger insight to how they didn't act like lions. I would just want to see them.
I've seen truly terrifying lion taxidermy...the kind that makes you realize just how big and fearsome those magnificent creatures are.

The lack of manes, I think, surprised me as a child. Of course, in The Ghost and the Darkness, they were massive, with huge manes. They looked small and thin in the Field Museum.

I'll have to look into that book.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen truly terrifying lion taxidermy...the kind that makes you realize just how big and fearsome those magnificent creatures are.

The lack of manes, I think, surprised me as a child. Of course, in The Ghost and the Darkness, they were massive, with huge manes. They looked small and thin in the Field Museum.

I'll have to look into that book.
But the lions of Tsavo don't have manes. They only used Serengeti lions for the movie because...you ARE NOT training a Tsavo lion. But Tsavo lions are more aggressive, they think because of higher testosterone levels. Kind of like Bull Sharks. (the real reason Jaws was made)

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
But the lions of Tsavo don't have manes. They only used Serengeti lions for the movie because...you ARE NOT training a Tsavo lion. But Tsavo lions are more aggressive, they think because of higher testosterone levels. Kind of like Bull Sharks. (the real reason Jaws was made)
Yep, I did know that (the lack of manes). 10 year old me did not :p

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Were you watching R-rated movies when you were 10?!? Lol. I think I saw Ghost and the Darkness when I was 15 or 16. It's a great movie. I thumbed through the book once at the book store but haven't read it in depth yet. I should get to that.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Were you watching R-rated movies when you were 10?!? Lol. I think I saw Ghost and the Darkness when I was 15 or 16. It's a great movie. I thumbed through the book once at the book store but haven't read it in depth yet. I should get to that.
A select few, yes! Ghost in the Darkness, True Lies, Jeremiah Johnson (probs not R), Beetlejuice, Men in Black, Blazing Saddles...hmm...Predator...AVP...The Matrix...all the Indiana Jones movies (not R)...Dances With Wolves...The Three Musketeers...Tombstone...

Not sure how many of those are R, but they're a handful of the movies I'd watch with my dad. The ones I remember, at least. Sandwiched in between Veggie Tales, Beauty and the Beast, Balto, and The Lion King.

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tardar Sauce a.k.a. Grumpy Cat. I think it would be really funny to just watch her doing normal cat things with her grumpy-looking face.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Before she crossed the bridge it absolutely would have been Sophie from SophieLovesTuna on Instagram. I loved her little costumes and her walks with her buddy Scottie from next door. I was SO sad when she passed away. :bawling:

RequestKen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Trim. The ship's cat of famous explorer Matthew Flinders. I'm a bit of a history buff, so famous cats of history over internet cats any day ;-)

TO THE MEMORY OF
TRIM
The best and most illustrious of his race
The most affectionate of friends,
faithful of servants,
and best of creatures
He made the tour of the globe, and a voyage to Australia,
which he circumnavigated, and was ever the
delight and pleasure of his fellow voyagers
- Written by Matthew Flinders in memory of his cat