Question of the Day - Tuesday, September 27

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! Last Tuesday of the month. Dun dun duuuuuuun!

Worst movie you have ever seen?

I could comfortably list quite a few, though one that hangs into mind in particular was the Ginger Snaps series. Nope. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Off hand, I'd have to say Rock of Ages. It was so bad that I stopped watching after about 30 minutes- tops. I can't blame it on Tom Cruise because he hadn't come on screen yet when I shut it off. Awful, awful movie. 

First runner up- Oz the Great and Powerful. Really, really bad. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Blair Witch is the one that immediately comes to mind. But I know there are far worse ones than that. And I have to agree about American Beauty.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congo. Oh it's terrible. I wouldn't be able to think of a way for it to be worse. The worst part is that I really like the book (it's not exactly Pulitzer material but it's well-written and entertaining) so I was looking forward to seeing the movie. Yikes.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Starship Troopers.  Bad plot, bad special effects, bad direction, bad acting. 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember walking out of only a movie but it must have been so awful I don't even recall what it was.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gods and Generals. My son recommended it because it's about the Civil War, but the dialogue was so stilted I turned it off after a few minutes. The people sounded like they were reading someone's letters, which they may well have been.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
honestly, i'm particular about the movies i'll watch. and i don't watch movies very often either. so i really can't think of a movie that i'd consider the worst movie i've ever seen, or even remember a movie i saw that i didn't like.

if i had to pick one though, i'd say The Rocky Horror Picture Show. i just didn't think it was 'all that'.