Question of the Day - Tuesday, October 25

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello hello! Happy Tuesday! 👻

What job/career do you think is the scariest or eeriest to do?

Two come to mind for me...

Convenience store or gas station worker in a seedy part of the city or town late at night. Risky to their own lives and often witnessing many unpleasant things while not being payed very well at that. Many kudos.

Police Diver. HUGE Respect to this profession. I can't imagine having to dive into all sorts of rivers, lakes or murky water to look for things like human remains or weapons - and goodness knows what else.

HallowenKitty.gif

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now in this day and age, a policeman. a simple domestic dispute or pulling someone over for a traffic violation can end up in a gun fight, no thanks!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
logger, most dangerous job in the US and you're not around much in the way of civilization to get your injuries fixed.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Working on those pipelines and things that go under the ocean or in underwater tunnels. Mining is just as bad but under water like that sounds worse.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Farming. There are any of a number of everyday chores that can leave you crippled or dead if even one thing goes wrong. A tractor can roll over on you. A cow can decide to use you for a floor mat to wipe it's hooves. Your clothing can get caught in moving machinery, or you slip and fall into it. It is not a life for the faint of heart.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked one…a gigantic empty ski lodge that looked just like The Shining in the off season in the middle of nowhere. Hardly anybody at all worked there. …Lots of time to get spooked!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
probably a teacher they must be the most patient people in the world dealing with the 30 or so little kids all at one time :lol:i clearly remember how much mischief my best friend and i along with our group of friends caused. from not sharing toys or playing well with others in general or going out of bounds to make the play ground duty teachers try and catch us during recess:lol:we were a handful to manage good memories and good laughs now as adults talking about our childhood school days back when they still allowed the principle to use a paddle on you

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Teacher. The idea of burning out because of a bad education system is terrifying to me. Also anything that required being in deep water.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being a Rescue Swimmer with the USCG. Danging out of a helicopter on a wire over the raging ocean attempting to rescue people from a sinking boat. Not my idea of fun. Each time that rescuer risks both life and limb.

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Working on those pipelines and things that go under the ocean or in underwater tunnels.
I am going to say this as well. I have read that they go down in a submersible and stay down for extended periods. They are far enough down that they have to come up slowly to avoid the bends. It would not be practical to go down and back up for each shift.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Whoever explores caves, and maps them out. I love caves, but I like a well mapped and well lit cave with a tour guide. The Nutty Putty Cave incident was enough for me to take extra flashlights and not go down into any cave too deep.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaning a murder scene like the Piketon Massacres in Ohio
Yeah, that!

And also night-shift Security Guards. I remember there was a story about one of the abandoned buildings in Manila. Nobody uses it anymore but still there are guards being posted there. It was a Film Center which was built in haste and many died when it collapsed. Several of the security guards we questioned said that at night they wear earphones and blast loud music to their ears so they cannot hear the moans and cries from around the building halls. They are used to the sudden moving objects, like chairs and stuff, but they cannot bear the anguished "cries" of the souls.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Zoo keeper..the day you realize there is a certain animal you dont get along with and you know that animal has aims to kill you in a blink of an eye.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A Zoo keeper..the day you realize there is a certain animal you dont get along with and you know that animal has aims to kill you in a blink of an eye.
Wasn't there an incident at BCR where a keeper let their guard down for a second and her arm got badly attacked?