Question of the Day - Tuesday, October 18

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Happy Tuesday đź‘» Pardon my delay, busy day!

What sort of haunted or cursed object would you find the most creepy/scary?

For example, dolls, jewelry, mirrors, furniture etc

Paintings for me - that are both unsettling to look at as well as have a sinister cursed association that leads to misfortune to those who look too long or own it. For instance:

The Rain Woman, Svetlana Telets. The artist claimed her hand was guided by someone else when she was painting it while alone, and that a previous owner returned the portrait because it caused her to have insomnia, depression and the feeling of being watched.

The Hands Resist Him by Bill Stoneham. A previous owner claimed that hands and characters in the painting moved around at night and in another instance an art critic died a year after reviewing the painting. The hands behind the children represent the spirit and living world generally speaking.

There are other paintings that are a tad more gruesome that I won't post here, but for those curious to google at a spare time there is the Untitled Painting by Zdzisław Beksiński with the skeletons, The Dead Mother by Edvard Munch or Man Proposes, God Disposes by Edwin Henry Lanseer, with their respective tragic backstories and apparent associations with the demise or creepy feeling of the viewer)

I'm not one to be entirely superstitious or truly believe in the whole concept of curses (And many are based on legend or heresay or who knows anyway) but I still can get the hibby jibbies when looking at an uneasy style of something and not want to entirely risk much on my behalf or others lol Let's say I wouldn't go out of my way to buy any of these works of art.

How about you guys?

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Happy Tuesday đź‘» Pardon my delay, busy day!

What sort of haunted or cursed object would you find the most creepy/scary?

For example, dolls, jewelry, mirrors, furniture etc

Paintings for me - that are both unsettling to look at as well as have a sinister cursed association that leads to misfortune to those who look too long or own it. For instance:

The Rain Woman, Svetlana Telets. The artist claimed her hand was guided by someone else when she was painting it while alone, and that a previous owner returned the portrait because it caused her to have insomnia, depression and the feeling of being watched.

The Hands Resist Him by Bill Stoneham. A previous owner claimed that hands and characters in the painting moved around at night and in another instance an art critic died a year after reviewing the painting. The hands behind the children represent the spirit and living world generally speaking.

There are other paintings that are a tad more gruesome that I won't post here, but for those curious to google at a spare time there is the Untitled Painting by Zdzisław Beksiński with the skeletons, The Dead Mother by Edvard Munch or Man Proposes, God Disposes by Edwin Henry Lanseer, with their respective tragic backstories and apparent associations with the demise or creepy feeling of the viewer)

I'm not one to be entirely superstitious or truly believe in the whole concept of curses (And many are based on legend or heresay or who knows anyway) but I still can get the hibby jibbies when looking at an uneasy style of something and not want to entirely risk much on my behalf or others lol Let's say I wouldn't go out of my way to buy any of these works of art.

How about you guys?
I agree those are some errie looking images.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dolls for sure. I used to collect china dolls as a kid but when I grew older it just creeped me out having to see them in my room lol. I donated some to charity but still have a couple in the spare room.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
dolls and clowns creep me out and that paining you posted of the boy and doll is really scary, ha!!!

1666251894740.png

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
He wrote some damn good books.
he certainly did. I would like to reread The Shining!! what was that evil clown's name name in It? Penny something?
Nicole has always hated clowns