Question of the Day - Tuesday, October 18

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salutations 

Do you like whipped cream? If so, favourite pairing to eat it with?

I like it best....

- On top of Pumpkin Pie

- Strawberries and Blueberries with drizzled honey
- And on hot chocolate with sprinkled cinnamon.
- If it counts, since recipes can vary sometimes, Eclairs. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes. Love it. On a spoon. 

It's also good with ice cream, chocolate pudding, on a spoon, in a cream puff, on a milkshake, with strawberries, on a... friend 

Did I mention it's good just on a spoon? 

NOT Cool Whip. 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Only if it's made from scratch at home.  

I really like home made but only put it on strawberries.  Not one for it as a topping otherwise.  

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm such a plebian.  I will eat anything short of shaving cream that even resembles whipped cream, up to and including Cool Whip.  I don't care.  And I love the specialty ones that come out around this time of year.

Favorite way to eat it?  Well...this time of year I like it plopped on top of a double scoop of pumpkin ice cream and sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice.  Or on blueberry cobbler...or peach, or blackberry, of...well...I think I'll go bake now....

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmm, yes, any way. On a spoon especially :lol3:. When I was a kid I would eat Cool Whip with a spoon too, but I can't stomach it any more. Whipped cream in an aerosol can is fine though, as long as it's real dairy.

My favorite thing to do is to put it on frozen blueberries. Then it freezes to make a shell on the fruit and that's just awesome.

I just saw a recipe for cream cheese whipped cream. Which seems a little like overkill, lol. But yum, I have to try that.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm such a plebian.  I will eat anything short of shaving cream that even resembles whipped cream, up to and including Cool Whip.  I don't care.  And I love the specialty ones that come out around this time of year.

Favorite way to eat it?  Well...this time of year I like it plopped on top of a double scoop of pumpkin ice cream and sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice.  Or on blueberry cobbler...or peach, or blackberry, of...well...I think I'll go bake now....
Some shaving creams look deceptively like whipped cream. Gillette Foamy for one. Good thing they don't SMELL like it too! 

Don't put me anywhere near a can of Reddi Wip..   there's just no control.. No spoon needed with that one! 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do but it's not my favorite. I like it with fresh strawberries or on pumpkin pie.  I always put whipped cream and marachino cherries on my mothers birthday cake too. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't put me anywhere near a can of Reddi Wip..   there's just no control.. No spoon needed with that one! 
that's what i thought of first when i read this Question -- Reddi Whip, which i love to just spray out straight into my mouth to eat it.

i never buy whipped topping of any sort. i'd be more likely to either sprinkle some powdered sugar or make some homemade frosting for over a dessert. most times, i'm fine without powdered sugar or frosting over a dessert, even a home baked/from scratch cake.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not like whipped cream. When I was a kid I ate a piece of cake that had whipped cream on it. I got sick and have not been able to eat it since.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately yes.  Favorites, on pumpkin pie, warm fresh gingerbread, strawberries and hot fudge sundaes.  I won't eat Cool Whip. Anything that I like with whipped cream I would just eat without it if the only choice is Cool Whip.  I will use the kind in the spray can though.  It isn't as good as homemade but it is close enough that I will use it.  I don't think Cool Whip tastes anything like whipped cream.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like whipped cream. My favorite is putting it on something my mom used to make called jello cake.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not the biggest fan ever of whipped cream... but I'll eat it on pumpkin pie or chocolate cream pie.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We'll eat whipped cream, but I don't serve it often. It's one of those holiday or special occasion things. While I do have Cool Whip in the fridge and will use it, we don't use it all the time....it doesn't taste like whipped cream.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mmm, yes, any way. On a spoon especially
. When I was a kid I would eat Cool Whip with a spoon too, but I can't stomach it any more. Whipped cream in an aerosol can is fine though, as long as it's real dairy.

My favorite thing to do is to put it on frozen blueberries. Then it freezes to make a shell on the fruit and that's just awesome.

I just saw a recipe for cream cheese whipped cream. Which seems a little like overkill, lol. But yum, I have to try that.
Please PM me with that recipe.  I will overdose on it, but send it anyway!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Please PM me with that recipe.  I will overdose on it, but send it anyway!
OR just post it and many of us can OD on it together!!

I make a cream cheese frosting that is sooo good. I could just eat a bowl of it with a spoon. No cake required. It's just the basics. Softened butter, softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, a little milk and good vanilla extract. 

I would imagine it's like that with fresh whipped cream folded into it. 

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

OR just post it and many of us can OD on it together!!

I make a cream cheese frosting that is sooo good. I could just eat a bowl of it with a spoon. No cake required. It's just the basics. Softened butter, softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, a little milk and good vanilla extract. 

I would imagine it's like that with fresh whipped cream folded into it. 

There is nothing so bad that cream cheese will not make it better.  I make a cream cheese peanut butter and chocolate icebox pie that is to die for.  Sometimes I make it in a square pan, cut it into little squares, freeze them and dip them in chocolate magic shell.  Pardon me while I drool on the keyboard.