Question of the Day - Tuesday, October 13

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! Welcome to today's question of the day!

Ouija Boards: Have you ever used one? Would you ever want to use one?

For me, it would be a had pass! Nope nope nope. Never tried one and not going to anytime soon! And I have a general interest in the paranormal too.

Although this one might be OK :lol:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have used one that i seen a family dump at a bus stop when i was kid( ok i was stupid as a kid) :lol:me and my buddies seen a car pull up into the parking lot of a ;liquor store we hung out at a mom got out fast and dumped the board onto a bus stop so we grabbed it tried to use it :lol::lol:but it doesnt work when everyone is trying to push it to freak each other out so we just used it to terroize few other of the kids on the block instead:lol: yeah that was bad but i was just a kid

RangersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes when I was 13 (I'm now 32), I used one with a girlfriend at a sleepover. We had one lamp on in the corner of the room and were trying to channel a member of a boy band who had just died. Near the end, the lamp bulb started to flicker!!!! We screamed and ran downstairs to the kitchen where my parent's were lol. Never again after that.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I had one as a preteen and used it pretty often. They were very popular among teens back then, but most people didn't believe the "messages".
They got a very bad reputation after "The Exorcist" came out in the early 70s, IIRC.

I like the cat one!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one when I was a kid, my friend and I messed around with it. Never really got anything from it though.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used one once when I was a kid. At this late date I don't remember whose it was, or whose house we were at, but I wasn't impressed by it and have no burning desire to use one again.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope. No interest.

One of my best friends as a kid had a sleepover (that I didn’t go to) where they played with it and her mom was listening from downstairs doing things to freak them out. Like ringing the doorbell and making noises. They laughed for days afterward once she told them it was all her. Her mother ran a home daycare and I went there before and after school.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister would use one a lot as a teen and I would join too. One time she was using it with her friends and the board kept saying "Bad Blood" anytime I was in the room. My sister didn't want me around and kicked me out and I kept trying to get into her bedroom (because I was an obnoxious and lonely big sister without a lot of friends). I would be continuously opening the door and bugging them. At one point the door wouldn't open anymore. The lock on the door had been broken for months and I sort of remember still being able to turn the knob, but I couldn't push open the door. It was very weird.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Of course I used one - I was a teenager and we had a lot of fun with it at parties. :jive:

maeganj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried once when I was younger (of course🙄). Now I'm terrified of them. I found one in my mom's attic a few years ago and threw it into the burn pile.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had one for a while. We used it occasionally but the only time it ever got spooky was the first time I spent a night at camp. A bunch of girls I didn't know and I in the tent trying to contact Elvis because we were like 10 and didn't really know what else to do. (This would've been around 97-98)
After learning the science behind it, it's not my medium of choice for contacting spirits. For that I just talk to my cat hahaha

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I owned one, had fun with and yes I would use one again. I think they're a blast. After watching Paranormal Activity I
i really got interested in them again.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I remember using them at sleep over parties when I was a kid. It was fun, but nothing happened. I remember the other girls being so freaked out. I don’t really have an interest in them today. It was just fun as a kid.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I had one when I was a kid in the 1960s. My girlfriends and I would play with it during sleepovers. And once or twice we took it to the cemetery in the evening and scared the bejeebers out of ourselves with it. :)