Question Of The Day - Tuesday, November 7

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Happy first Tuesday of November! :hellocomputer:

You have just been given $1000 to only spend, splurge and spoil your cat(s). What would you buy?

(And everything else has already been taken care of for you, vet bills, household bills, etc)

Probably get a whole bunch of food, treats of course and some nice litter, so probably a cool beautiful realistic cat tree inside. Tippy Toes and Morgana in particular love climbing up things. Or an outdoor playhouse that has everything for them for fun but also really safe and secure so I don't have to worry about something getting at them and/or they run off. And room enough where I can sit outside with them. Just open a sliding door from the house and voila, our own private outdoor terrace.

And donate the rest to a local animal shelter!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Part of it would go to FF Creamy Delights. It's only sold individually here so they only get a few cans a month, along with the boxed Grilled or Gravy lovers. But they prefer the CD.
Also, a really extravagant kitty condo/tree for them.
Not sure what I would do with the rest of it.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd probably spend some on (yet more) cat trees and toys, and spend the rest on cardboard cat furniture (which my guys all ADORE, but which the boys spend half their lives shredding :rolleyes:).

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. A really fancy cat tree.
  2. A catio.
  3. Another cat tree for the catio.
  4. Any money left after all that would go into high walkways for her, i.e. cat shelves gone crazy.
So, do you have any idea what wonderful benefactor is giving us all this money? ;)

Margret

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would hire someone to build a shelter for my ferals. If any money is left I would buy the best food I could find for them. I don't have any inside cats anymore.

Muffy

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
I would get my cats each a vet checkup and stock up on wet food and dry food. Plus more blankets and beds.... my cats live outdoors, so no point in getting toys! They have at least 200 huge trees to climb already.

Also I would bye a year's supply of dewormers and flea repellents.

That 1000 dollars would be gone very quickly!

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought about this for quite awhile, but I really couldn't think of anything they need. They have plenty of food, toys, and space to run around. We don't really have any issues that could be resolved with more money; there's no amount of cash that could make Maisie well again or help Toad be able to see. I just don't think that $1000 (not counting normal household operating expenses) would make their lives better in any appreciable way.

So rather than further spoiling my own cats, if I had an extra $1000 to spend and all my bills were already paid, I would use it to sponsor the adoptions of some older and/or special needs shelter pets. That would feel better than trying to find ways to fritter it away.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If my two were younger I'd probably consider a catio. I'd love one of those "cat highways" that goes trough walls. Some look much nicer than others. Mooch might not use it; but Noodles still would.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Snickers' urinary health food, litter, maybe one of those carpeted climbing things, and a bunch of turkey and duck for the other cats' homemade food.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My cats are already spoilt enough, but if I had any extra cash I would start trapping another feral colony.

I'd get them all TNR'd, then put whatever was left over towards cat food so I could provide the feral cats with at least one meal a day.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I would build the ultimate cat playroom like the one on the show, Animal Cribs with Antonio Ballatore. Then I would donate the remainder of the money to the shelter where we adopted Carleton.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'd put that $1000 towards converting the deck into a screened in porch/catio. the total cost of that conversion would run well over $10,000 total, including the French doors i'd have put in from the downstairs bedroom opening to the catio.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
if I had my own outdoor space, I'd build a catio. but no outdoor space.

Half would go for food and litter, other half I'd donate. my cats don't need anything else!