Question of the Day - Tuesday, November 26

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salutations everyone! Happy Tuesday! :coolcat:

What TV Show would you want to be in the live studio audience?

(Sitcom, Talk show, Game show etc)

Or if you already been to one, what did you see and tell us all about it!

As for myself, Maury is my guilty pleasure, and would love to see one of his shows in person :lol: I'm hoping to actually try to do it one day, travel schedule and budget permitting.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Years ago, Rick and I took his mom to a food expo, given by Food Network. Alton Brown was there, along with Paula Deen and Giada de Laurentiis. You had to pick who you wanted to see and we picked Alton; I think Evelyn would have rather seen Paula Deen, but no. It was AB or nothing. The show was followed by a book signing session with him.

It was incredible and he is/was an absolute hoot. He smoked a salmon in a box with an electric burner. The whole thing was filmed and Rick told me that I was on camera quite a bit when they panned throughout the audience.

We checked out Food Network for quite a while after that, thinking that it if was shown on TV, we might see ourselves, but it was never on that we knew. Still, he was enjoyable. During the book signing, people were taking pictures. I didn't have my camera with me, so I asked him if I could have a hug instead. And he did! He gave me a huge hug. (Rick said I'd probably never wash that shirt again.) So then Alton looked at Rick and said, "Well, I suppose you want a hug, too!" Rick shrugged and said, "Oh what the hell, why not!" And so he hugged Rick (Rick washed his shirt).

I was such a huge AB fan and it really was a lot of fun.

Today? There's not a show I'd be interested in enough to be in the audience. Back in time, probably David Letterman. I always liked him.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Years ago, Rick and I took his mom to a food expo, given by Food Network. Alton Brown was there, along with Paula Deen and Giada de Laurentiis. You had to pick who you wanted to see and we picked Alton; I think Evelyn would have rather seen Paula Deen, but no. It was AB or nothing. The show was followed by a book signing session with him.

It was incredible and he is/was an absolute hoot. He smoked a salmon in a box with an electric burner. The whole thing was filmed and Rick told me that I was on camera quite a bit when they panned throughout the audience.

We checked out Food Network for quite a while after that, thinking that it if was shown on TV, we might see ourselves, but it was never on that we knew. Still, he was enjoyable. During the book signing, people were taking pictures. I didn't have my camera with me, so I asked him if I could have a hug instead. And he did! He gave me a huge hug. (Rick said I'd probably never wash that shirt again.) So then Alton looked at Rick and said, "Well, I suppose you want a hug, too!" Rick shrugged and said, "Oh what the hell, why not!" And so he hugged Rick (Rick washed his shirt).

I was such a huge AB fan and it really was a lot of fun.

Today? There's not a show I'd be interested in enough to be in the audience. Back in time, probably David Letterman. I always liked him.
I love Alton. He and Ina are the best hands down. I would have picked him too but I do like Paula.