Question Of The Day - Tuesday, May 7

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get sick of politics, rather I get sick of everything turning into politics. If I say "I bought new shoes today", I don't need it to turn into a heated political debate with name calling 15 seconds later. It's a joke.
Everything is political, and that's not especially new, as I found out 20 years ago when a stranger yelled at me for driving a Honda :/. But with the internet, there are more people to yell at you :tongue:. But, yes, very annoying.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trump (I'm in Canada). Yes he has affected our politics and such as well, but I'm tired of hearing about him and seeing his face on TV.
As an American, I'm tired of hearing anything related to Trump as well. I haven't listened or watched the news in years because just the sound of his voice (and the racist and moronic stuff that comes out) makes me want to drive off a cliff.

Non-political stuff I wish people would stop talking about are superhero or comic book movies of any kind, Game of Thrones, and the Kardashians.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The Royal family of Great Britain. Look,

I'm happy the baby arrived safely. I'm happy that ANY baby arrives safely. A simple "Congratulations to the Royal family on the safe birth of their newest member," the SHUT UP is sufficient.

The Kardashians, who seem to think that they are royalty, and who, from what I can tell are only famous for being famous and behaving badly.

And I wish that the televangelists of all those mega churches would just shut in in general, and put their money (literally) where they say their faith is.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i really don't get tired of hearing anything, because if i don't want to hear it/them i just turn the channel, don't read about it, politely (and can be more/quite blunt as needed) decline to listen to people.

i do enjoy seeing first photos of the Royal babies. but then, i love seeing any new babies -- human or animals.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i do enjoy seeing first photos of the Royal babies. but then, i love seeing any new babies -- human or animals.
I enjoyed hearing about the arrival of Archie Mountbatten-Windsor. I get celebrity gossip delivered to my email every day. :D

I wish people (like my mom) would stop talking about doomsday/the end of the world. It is really bad for my anxiety. :fear:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wish people (like my mom) would stop talking about doomsday/the end of the world. It is really bad for my anxiety. :fear:
If it is any help at all, I read a LOT, and people have been talking about this intently for at LEAST 250 years, and EVERY TIME they say, "Yes, but now ALL the signs are there!" and we're still here, kicking around.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is any help at all, I read a LOT, and people have been talking about this intently for at LEAST 250 years, and EVERY TIME they say, "Yes, but now ALL the signs are there!" and we're still here, kicking around.
Yes, it does help to hear that. Thank you!