Question Of The Day - Tuesday, May 7

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings to all you beautiful people! Happy first Tuesday of May! :greenpaw:

What do you wish people would stop talking about already?

Harry and Meghan, and now their baby. I am not a fan of Meg for a lot of reasons (And nooooo not "racist" or "hater" reasons as people enjoy throwing around) and in any case I find the whole thing so irrelevant :lol: I honestly don't really care whatsoever overall and so tired of it - a year or two of this already. What's worse is that it is all over the news more and more at the moment, trying too hard. #sorrynotsorry

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The weather. Usually, I like to talk about the weather, but it's rain, rain, rain here, and I'm tired of people complaining. We can't do anything about it.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
  • A Game of Thrones. I couldn’t even finish the series of books.
  • Royal babies
  • Some of politics. Many of the topics are important, but I find the endless speculation and “analysis” by media on both right and left to be excessive and mind numbing.
W Willowy , I didn’t realize that Millennials were “killing” things. Now I know whom to blame! :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get tired of royal baby news. It's so silly! But I once read a sociology paper that said that silly celebrity gossip is necessary for humans, to give us someone "safe" to gossip about without fear of social reprisals, so do carry on :tongue:.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, my list would be way too long but I'll give you my top 2.

The royals, and other celebrities in general, not hateful, just don't care about all the gossip and rumors. And it seems like I can't get away from it unless I was to just unplug from life (no TV, internet...) (and that would get boring;), I love my TV)

Trump (I'm in Canada). Yes he has affected our politics and such as well, but I'm tired of hearing about him and seeing his face on TV. And we can add our PM (Trudeau) to that as well. I think I'm just done with the politics of politics. Unfortunately, we have an election coming this year, and next year is the US so no hope in h:censored:l that I'll be hearing less of it (or them) anytime soon. In fact, it will get worse.:sigh:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Celebrities and the British Royals. I too don't dislike them, I just don't want to hear about them. Some people are obsessed and can go on and on about one or the other or both.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree the weather is a topic I wish people would change. Complain complain complain. I want to tell them GO DO SOMETHING about the weather.
Other than that, I wish my neighbors would stop complaining about the neighborhood cats using their flower beds as a bathroom. It happens every year. So what, have they done about it??
(It's almost like they accuse me of showing them where to poop)
They are storming people who let their cats outside, calling animal control etc... I don't feed them, they are in my yard also. You can't sit out on the porch without smelling (you know what).

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Game of Thrones. I couldn’t even finish the series of books.
I hated the books so much that I only made halfway through the second book before wanting to burn them all! I love the TV series, although I could do without the extreme amount of sex and nudity.