Question of the Day - Tuesday, May 3

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! 

What type of cell phone/smartphone do you have?

I currently have a Moto x Play (And very happy with it)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Samsung galaxy core. It doesn't work too well but I should be able to upgrade in a month or two.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an old iPhone 5.....

I had to replace it (battery) a month before I was eligible for a new phone. The battery had swollen which made the phone unusable. I went to the Apple Store, have the Apple Care option. Instead of fixing or replacing the battery, they gave me a brand new phone. I told them that I was almost ready for an update..

I think they kind of gave something away when they told me to wait a while to update it. 

Now it is out of warranty, but if it goes, I will be in the same boat as everyone. 

So the original 4 year old phone is actually a 2 year old phone....got it?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Droid Maxx.   Love it.

I could get an upgrade but there's just no reason yet.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Samsung Galaxy Core Prime.....I HATE IT!!!

My daughter talked me into getting it  because she loves hers. 

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
iPhone 5. I have no intentions on upgrading because I love my phone as it is (though the camera features in the new iPhones looks really nice.. lol)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't have a phone.. I really should get one even though. I hate talking on the phone. How much do they cost? I keep asking but no one ever tells me the cost..

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't have a phone.. I really should get one even though. I hate talking on the phone. How much do they cost? I keep asking but no one ever tells me the cost..
That depends on what you want. A phone can be free or can cost hundreds of dollars. The monthly bill varies so much too depending on what you want to be able to do and what company you go with. I have very little data (I use WiFi 99% of the time), 200 minutes a month, texting, call display, voicemail and pay $45 per month.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That depends on what you want. A phone can be free or can cost hundreds of dollars. The monthly bill varies so much too depending on what you want to be able to do and what company you go with. I have very little data (I use WiFi 99% of the time), 200 minutes a month, texting, call display, voicemail and pay $45 per month.
Thanks for the information. I would never use 200 minutes a month. I just don't like talking on the phone. If I had a phone I would use it mostly for an emergency or for making appointments. I would not mind paying $45.00 a month. That's not too bad.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HTC One X. It's a few years old. My work phone is worse - a Pantech Link / fake Blackberry. It needs to be upgraded to an iPhone so I can have a QR scanner for work purposes. My new supervisor is trying to get me one.

You can get one of those pay-as-you-go or pre-paid / no contract phones instead of locking yourself into a  yearly contract. It'll cost a lot less, especially if you only occasionally use the phone or only use it for emergencies and have no use for huge data plans or text messaging.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only want a phone to talk on. I use a Tracfone prepaid minute phone. I only use it when I am away from home and have to make a phone call. Very few people have the number.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have an iphone 5c.  DH and I upgraded to them not too long before the stopped using phones as incentives to renew contracts.  
  I've never been one to NEED a new phone every year or 2 years anyway.  The only problem I've had is filling up the memory with all the pictures I take. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
A Samsung Galaxy S 5 Mini. I wish it were a bit more "mini", but overall I'm satisfied with it and pleased that I can replace the battery myself.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

i don't have a smart phone or basic cell phone. there's very limited reception in the rural area in which i live. 
Here too. I have a very basic free phone from Softbank, but I can only get text messages up here. No calls. Wouldn't be much point in me living all the way up here in the middle of nowhere if every Tom, Dick and Harry could just call me whenever they wanted to, would there.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a basic flip phone by choice. I got tired of going through two steps to answer the phone, I want to flip it open and answer it! I have my laptop when I need it, so In don't want to carry around those huge phones, I spend way too much time outside, if I can't carry it in a pocket it's useless.  I'm not even on facebook, I have no desire to have everyone in the world (or even my family) know my every move. I can't even imagine what is SO urgent that you have to text and drive, it's a game of Roulette that can result in death.