Question Of The Day - Tuesday, May 29

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Everyone! Happy Tuesday :heartshape:

What are your favourite topics to chat with someone about? Least favourite topics to chat about?

I really like talking about history/philosophy, travel, animals, paranormal stuff and varied current events. Least favourite would probably be celebrity gossip, fashion, food and politics.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like talking about books, movies, music, true crime mysteries, fringe science stuff like near death experiences and psychic phenomena. Psychology and how the human mind works. I love that stuff. Least favorite would be politics and sports. Although sometimes I'll fake being interested in sports if I'm with someone that doesn't know very well. Don't want to come off as being too weird before someone gets to know me. lol

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like talking about religion (unless it's in an evangelizing context or talking to people of the same faith about theology and philosophy), politics, sports, celebrities, music, my job, talking about the weather is so cliche and boring, food, traveling

You know what- just strike all that. I just don't like talking to people.

Maybe dogs, and animals. I can stand that.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like talking about religion (unless it's in an evangelizing context or talking to people of the same faith about theology and philosophy), politics, sports, celebrities, music, my job, talking about the weather is so cliche and boring, food, traveling

:yeah:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could chat to someone all day about the royal family; my friends often joke and say that I'm a grandma in a student's body because I could find talking to someone about the royals over a cup of tea and a biscuit quite entertaining. I also enjoy chatting about historical topics; particularly Anne Frank and Tudor England.
And, of course, I can often start a lengthy conversation about the topic of cats (especially if its the boys) and my family. Music is another thing I enjoy talking about; particularly kpop.

I don't like talking about politics; not because of the sensitivity of different opinions but normally because I'll get too passionate if someone has a profoundly different opinion to me. I like everyone to have their own contribution to a discussion but that wouldn't happen, say, in a discussion about Obama vs. Trump :D
I also find talking about my feelings and personal issues quite difficult (weirdly, I'm fine with that on the internet, but when talking about it offline, I get the infamous British "stiff upper lip").

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

:yeah:

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
I can talk about anything, but I particularly like to talk about things like Marvel/DC (favourite superhero, favourite villian, etc.), fashion, writing, celebrities, movies, music (Queen in particular) books, and sports.

I'm a very chatty person overall sooo...

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like talking about cats, my own especially, but that doesn't win me many friends.

I also like to talk about current events. Some call that politics. That doesn't win me many friends either.

:p

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baby names. I love names and I could spend hours talking about them. I also enjoy talking about politics, my family, my favorite tv shows.

I dislike talking about religion because I find it such a personal thing that doesn't affect anyone but me. I tell people that I openly talk about politics because how I view the political world affects other people because of the way I vote, but my religious beliefs are not for anyone else.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it depends on who I'm chatting with. Some topics of interest: reincarnation, UFOs, near death, paranormal, genealogy, history, cats of course and animals in general (as long as it's not something bad about an animal), hockey.

I don't like talking about religion, unless it's in a non religious way (I don't like being preached at). I used to like talking politics with some people, but not these days. I'm too disgusted with it all, and you can't carry on an intelligent conversation with a certain portion of the population.